Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #51
LittleThingsMama638
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by galesville1980
Well...we I have no new news other then he is 100% convinced it is NOT a food allergy or intolerance. He does think it is AR/ ( and asthma) and wants her back on AR meds (told us to hold off giving it to her till she sees the ENT next monday). I am holding off dairy after lunch each day due to mucus (I may be reaching I know, but he agreed to it.). He def was short with me and said we need to work as a team and I should stay off the internet...I told him the reason I got a 2nd opinion and read on the internet is cause we have been battling this for 8-9 months and we are no better off only difference is my daughter has/is being pumped with meds.

DH and i said we will go this route and if again a cold hits and she is the same she has been...we will be getting our records transfered to the other hospital in town and see their specialist

Hoping we get answers at ENT
I am so sorry to hear that. I hope the ENT helps. Did you take the pictures down? I'd like to look at them and see but I don't see them. I honestly would be cautious with a doctor that insists you are absolutely wrong and it could only be asthma. I didn't see the pictures but circles around the eyes really sounds like an allergy. I know allergy symptoms can appear as asthma. There was a thread on here a couple weeks ago about asthmatic symptoms at night. I can't search on my iPad but maybe that will be beneficial to you? I think if you've been dealing with this for 8-9 months with no improvement it is time for a new doctor because this one isn't working. Hopefully the ENT will help but when you are both disagreeing and seeing no improvement something needs to change and he's where I'd start.

Advertisement

LittleThingsMama638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:18 AM   #52
jbug_4's Avatar
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chase, MI
Posts: 6,714
My Mood:
Re: ~People with food allergies does this look like one??

You need a new doc. Has she ever been to GI doc? Seriously if he is treating for AR and he believes it has lasted this long and is still unresolved then you should be getting GI referrals. Neither your reg doc or an allergist should be treating suspected AR that has been unresolved that long. Its one thing to try a treatment and have it work, but if it doesn't than they should be referring you. I refuse to accept that kind of blow off anymore- not after dd ended up with 2 years of PT because of gross motor delays caused by us being blown off. And if this is the allergist giving you AR meds -that is NOT his area. Ours would never give us AR meds- she would send us to a GI doc, because she would want to know the cause of AR. Every time I read one of these kinds of threads I am so happy we finally found a good supportive medical team. Get a new doc, the attitude alone is enough to justify it, add to it that you are getting the same treatment and no resolution and its ridiculous. If you can't tell I am angry for you. I cry every time I think of dd's first year and how much pain she was in. Most of it could have been avoided.
__________________
SAHM to LR 7/26/07 and IHM 10/6/10, wife to a self proclaimed genius, ex-navy guy. Going places and doing things that I always dreamed of, but never imagined I would.
jbug_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:21 AM   #53
galesville1980's Avatar
galesville1980
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,364
Re: ~People with food allergies does this look like one??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug_4 View Post
You need a new doc. Has she ever been to GI doc? Seriously if he is treating for AR and he believes it has lasted this long and is still unresolved then you should be getting GI referrals. Neither your reg doc or an allergist should be treating suspected AR that has been unresolved that long. Its one thing to try a treatment and have it work, but if it doesn't than they should be referring you. I refuse to accept that kind of blow off anymore- not after dd ended up with 2 years of PT because of gross motor delays caused by us being blown off. And if this is the allergist giving you AR meds -that is NOT his area. Ours would never give us AR meds- she would send us to a GI doc, because she would want to know the cause of AR. Every time I read one of these kinds of threads I am so happy we finally found a good supportive medical team. Get a new doc, the attitude alone is enough to justify it, add to it that you are getting the same treatment and no resolution and its ridiculous. If you can't tell I am angry for you. I cry every time I think of dd's first year and how much pain she was in. Most of it could have been avoided.
No im right there with you when it comes to being mad..you should have heard me last night
Im going to go to the ENT and they told me he can also see signs of AR by scooping? We do not have a peds GI dr in our hospital but he is coming this summer...we also talked about doing a PH prob. I am NOT convinced it is AR but he is. My DD reg dr (who I adore) also does not think it is AR causing all of this.

So last night I was up thinking about all of this...we will go to the ENT (my son saw this ent and he is wonderful so im looking forward to meeting with him)...next cold if she has her big coughing fits again...Im taking her off EVERYTHING (as why have her on it if it is not helping) letting her body clense itself and we are looking into another Dr.

Just praying we get answers soon!
__________________
***OPEN ADOPTION BLESSED OUR FAMILY TWICE***

We thank god for our infertility everyday!!
galesville1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #54
jbug_4's Avatar
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chase, MI
Posts: 6,714
My Mood:
Re: ~People with food allergies does this look like one??

The scope should show damage in her throat if its AR, especially if its been going on that long. It should be inflamed. hopefully some one will give you some answers soon.
__________________
SAHM to LR 7/26/07 and IHM 10/6/10, wife to a self proclaimed genius, ex-navy guy. Going places and doing things that I always dreamed of, but never imagined I would.
jbug_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:29 AM   #55
7mom7
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 615
Re: ~People with food allergies does this look like one??

Can I respectfully disagree that it could very well be food allergies/sensitivities. I have 2 kids with both anaphylactic allergies and sensitivities. Our little one was chronically sick until we resolved the food issues. Our pediatrician firmly states (and has a chart that she hands out) showing that asthma, allergies, adhd, exzema, ear infections, and more can and often are because of food sensitivities or a leaky gut. My youngest had a leaky gut. We did testing to determine which foods he was most sensitive to. There were TONS of food that came back because of the leaky gut so we chose to eliminate the top 2 and 3 level sensitivities. He took l-glutamine, enzymes, and probiotics for 3 months to heal his gut along with the food elimination. Within 3 weeks he had color back, the dark circles were gone, he could breathe well and had so much more energy. When the 3 months was over we started introducing foods to see if he reacted. His reaction is a runny or stuffy nose/congestion/sneezing. He still can't have several foods but it's nothing that can't be managed by packing his own snacks and lunches. If we cheat and let him have something special like pizza he'll be congested the next day. I suspected he'd be allergic to dairy or gluten but he's not. It's stuff you wouldn't really think about that is in a lot of pre-packaged foods, even organic ones. Both of my kids are also allergic to mold. When the pollen counts are high for mold they have to take zyrtec but that's not an everyday thing. Feel free to PM me if you'd like the name of the tests or a link to them. I'm not on here that often.
7mom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #56
galesville1980's Avatar
galesville1980
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,364
Re: ~People with food allergies does this look like one??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mom7 View Post
Can I respectfully disagree that it could very well be food allergies/sensitivities. I have 2 kids with both anaphylactic allergies and sensitivities. Our little one was chronically sick until we resolved the food issues. Our pediatrician firmly states (and has a chart that she hands out) showing that asthma, allergies, adhd, exzema, ear infections, and more can and often are because of food sensitivities or a leaky gut. My youngest had a leaky gut. We did testing to determine which foods he was most sensitive to. There were TONS of food that came back because of the leaky gut so we chose to eliminate the top 2 and 3 level sensitivities. He took l-glutamine, enzymes, and probiotics for 3 months to heal his gut along with the food elimination. Within 3 weeks he had color back, the dark circles were gone, he could breathe well and had so much more energy. When the 3 months was over we started introducing foods to see if he reacted. His reaction is a runny or stuffy nose/congestion/sneezing. He still can't have several foods but it's nothing that can't be managed by packing his own snacks and lunches. If we cheat and let him have something special like pizza he'll be congested the next day. I suspected he'd be allergic to dairy or gluten but he's not. It's stuff you wouldn't really think about that is in a lot of pre-packaged foods, even organic ones. Both of my kids are also allergic to mold. When the pollen counts are high for mold they have to take zyrtec but that's not an everyday thing. Feel free to PM me if you'd like the name of the tests or a link to them. I'm not on here that often.
The question I have is what he always sick? See she is 100% fine when she does not have a cold. Like right now she does not have a cold and is perfect.
__________________
***OPEN ADOPTION BLESSED OUR FAMILY TWICE***

We thank god for our infertility everyday!!
galesville1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #57
7mom7
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 615
Re: ~People with food allergies does this look like one??

Quote:
Originally Posted by galesville1980 View Post
The question I have is what he always sick? See she is 100% fine when she does not have a cold. Like right now she does not have a cold and is perfect.
He was not always sick but certainly more sick than other children. Most of the time there was no fever, just congestion. For example, he doesn't tolerate melons. I'm sure there were times when he ate watermelon or cantaloupe and he'd be sick for the next few days. Since I wasn't doing a food journal or considering it to be food allergies at all I wouldn't have noticed. It did show up on his blood work so we eliminated it for the 3 months. When we reintroduced it he got very congested. I forgot to mention that even though he isn't allergic to dairy we still don't do cow's milk as it thickens the mucus. We do allow cheese and yogurt. Also, I think pet allergies are something to consider. We do not have a pet but when we visit family or friends with pets I notice he is congested the next day. All this to say I still wouldn't rule out allergies. My husband has asthma and it was very severe as a child. He now eats a clean diet and is able to run/exercise without any issues. The only time he has any asthma reactions as an adult is when we are around pets. We were at his family's house for Christmas and they have a dog. I had to leave to get his inhaler. They had a dog the entire time he was growing up and he was very sick until he went to college and didn't have a pet.
7mom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.