Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

What kind of feedback?

I ordered something listed as EUC and got it today. It has several holes and runs in it though (in a place that would not normally be visible but could be if my shirt were to ride up), so not EUC imo. The price was low enough, but I would not have ordered it knowing this. I don't want to return or to even ask for a partial refund because she didn't make a ton on it as it is and shipping would eat up a lot of what I paid. I did make her aware of the problem though. In this instance, what type of feedback is warranted? Everything else about the transaction was perfect. I was thinking neutral with an explanation, but I feel like such a meanie, I have never left less than positive.

ETA- she did offer to refund if I returned them, but I honestly do not want to pay the return shipping when it was not my mistake.

Advertisement

Last edited by s@hmommy; 01-17-2013 at 10:44 AM.
s@hmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I would either leave neutral and an explanation that she DID try to make it right. It just wasn't feasible after return shipping. Neutrals do not go against the percentage.
Or positive and explain that while she did try to to make it right, which i why you are leaving positive, you would have been much happier if she had inspected the item better and not sent it in that state.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #3
expaik
Registered Users
seller

Re: What kind of feedback?

She definitely shouldn't have listed it in EUC if it wasn't, but I've received items that were in worse condition than described but I got such a screaming deal PP/trade-value wise that I simply could not give any less than positive feedback.

Do what feels right.
expaik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Unless she refused to pay the return shipping, you owe her positive. She did everything she could to rectify the situation. I'd be really mad if I did everything right and still got neutral. Maybe she didn't see the flaws, we all get rushed sometimes.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

it sounds like she tried to make it right, maybe she made an honest mistake? Would you be happy with a partial refund? did you ask her to cover shipping back to her?
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #6
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would leave neutral as the item wasn't as described.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #7
Miss_Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would leave neutral as well. Its pretty hard to overlook holes, and its not the buyer's fault if the seller didn't inspect it properly.

Miss_Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:11 PM   #8
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I just reread this. If she did not offer to cover return shipping ( or just refund you if it was cheaper) then I would leave neutral or possibly even negative. Just because pay pal does not MAKE you as the seller pay return shipping even if you are clearly in the wrong, that does not mean you should not. If she did not offer, then she did not do everything she could, just what she HAD to.
The difference for me between neutral and negative is this: how easily seen are the holes, etc if you have them even a half butt once over. And how noticeable if you REALLY went over them?
Old 01-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #9
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like a honest mistake / miscommunication. I would leave positive but state the issue.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #10
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'd ask her if she would pay return shipping. If she declines, I'd leave neutral. The seller misrepresented an item and the buyer should not be out money (return shipping) because of it.
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote