Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #11
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
Re: How do you know if you are finished?

Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
I just knew I was done after DS4. It was enough. We have our hands full and I do not get that newborn baby lust I used to after DS3. I have no desire to deal with all the things having a new baby entitles. I am ready for my boys to grow and move into a new phase of raising children.

If their is the though you might want another, I say have one. I love that we ultimately decided for #4. He is a great baby and a lot of fun. He completed our family.
I agree with this.

I will also say that after #2, I just had a nagging feeling that someone was missing from our family. We had #3.

Then, one day, all 3 kids were up playing and I caught myself thinking, "omg they are so loud, they are going to wake up the baby!!" ... but there was no baby.... and I caught myself leaving the house thinking I was missing someone - like a kid - but realized I Wasn't. Once I was cooking, and thought, "oh the baby's crying..." But all 3 of my kids were playing right in front of me. ... it was strange.

Then we got unexpectedly pregnant with baby #4.

Now I just feel done. I'm so content and happy. I don't WANT anymore. I could handle more. I could have 10 kids if DH could handle it. But I am "okay" with stopping.... and my poor DH was done after 2. So, this is it. No more for us.

Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote