Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2013, 09:37 AM   #1
cotton09
Registered Users
Formerly: cotton_all_the_way
seller

Survival tips for 2nd pregnancy

I have a 2 yr old and am 22 weeks pregnat
Here's what I did so far:

Lowered my already low standards
I go to sleep at 8 -9pm
I often nap with toddler...though I'm not always sleepy then
I utilize grandma when I need to get something done, though I try to keep this one low

Things I have issues with:

No self time
No hubby time....and I'm not even talking sex, just being together
Total mess in the house and a hard time getting food done though this one is getting better now that my appetite has gone up slightly

I tried:...and failed

To lay on the couch while he plays or watches......tv
It's his calling to jump on mom

Advertisement

cotton09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #2
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Survival tips for 2nd pregnancy

My survival plan has always revolved around having the most amazing DH!!!

He can clean, cook, do the laundry, do the shopping, groom my horses, do the floors, & always asks for my 'list' on my sick/exhausted days. We get tons of time together because our kids are involved in sports/activities - we go to their practices together & sit close/hold hands/talk the whole time. When his life gets to busy we have dinner delivered. When I'm not feeling bad I prepare huge amounts of fresh veggies & fruit salads to satisfy snacks for the rest of the week. I love to stock up on deli meats & delicious cheeses & whenever I make lasagne or other casserole I usually make 2 - so days later when I could be having a bad day there can be something ready for him to just toss in the oven. All he has to do is steam some veggies & warm up some nice crusty bread & we have a great meal that really didn't cause either of us any trouble.

I also think it helps that our LOs toys are organized very well. Every 'type' of toy is kept in its own fabric bin within some built in shelving. They don't have the option to cover the floor with 12 puzzles, train tracks, dolls, a zoo of little animals, and 3 different sets of building blocks all at the same time on days I know I can't help them put it all back away. They each get to choose to only have 1 box down at a time & must put their stuff back in the box before I'll swap it out for a different one.

I have 4 DDs (2 of them are 3yr olds) and I'm 5dp6dt FET.

Are you pregnant with multiples? I transfered 2 again, but won't have a us until about 4 more weeks pass.
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #3
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Dp

Last edited by raymark; 01-18-2013 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Dp
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:33 AM   #4
alsatia23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You are about to have two children, kiss your self time and clean house goodbye? No really, your list is good, lowering your standards, going to bed early and napping when the kids nap is a great idea. Try to do little things here and there to keep the house looking decent, and try and do something special for yourself after your 2 year old goes to bed. I like to try and have a mom's night out once a month so I have some adult fun time without the kids. Sadly it's only once a month.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #5
cotton09
Registered Users
seller

When the 2 year old goes to bed......that's when I go to bed
Old 01-21-2013, 08:16 AM   #6
cotton09
Registered Users
seller

the lasagna is a good tip. And, yes I can probably kiss my "free time" goodbye. Maybe its "rest time" that I am looking for. Or something that I can do with the baby that will let me relax, or take a breather. He's very active, so stories and sitting on the couch are out.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #7
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotton09 View Post
I have a 2 yr old and am 22 weeks pregnat
Here's what I did so far:

Lowered my already low standards
I go to sleep at 8 -9pm
I often nap with toddler...though I'm not always sleepy then
I utilize grandma when I need to get something done, though I try to keep this one low

Things I have issues with:

No self time
No hubby time....and I'm not even talking sex, just being together
Total mess in the house and a hard time getting food done though this one is getting better now that my appetite has gone up slightly

I tried:...and failed

To lay on the couch while he plays or watches......tv
It's his calling to jump on mom
It's hard being pregnant with #2...with #1 you could rest whenever YOU wanted too and there was no one else depending on you!

Give yourself a break - realize this pregnancy is only for a season and try to enjoy it and let the housework go. Could you afford a housekeeper to come by and clean every once in a while if it bugs you too much?
Does your DH mind if food is not prepared everyday or is he ok with sandwiches, pizza, and the like? Mine is .

He's just trying to get your attention by jumping on you - would he rather sit in your lap or lay next to you on the couch? Color on the floor next to you? Read a book with you?

Me time is nap time for me...that's about it...what about mother's day out? Would you consider that for next year (or this year) to get me time?
Old 01-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #8
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

No advice here. My other kid was 7yrs old when I was pregnant with 2nd but pasted stuff on walls. Third was hard as the toddler is just now 21 months so was 14 months. I was tired & just like qsefth something said it kind of like I felt.. kid on hip & put tv on for kid for little nap 4 u.