Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2013, 10:35 PM   #1
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

grovia users

I want to love grovia - help me get there

I love an ai2 system & am needing an aio or pocket system for hubby when I am at work. I really like flip covers but the inserts bunch (doesn't bug me much) & DS is always scratching at his belly with them. I am wondering if the pul makes him itchy? I was planning to get BG 4.0 for DH to use but the suedecloth is ehhh

I have tried grovia before with a snap in soaked un-boosted & it leaked after an hour (flip can last 2-3 hours) also, while I love aplix, grovia aplix makes a wicked diaper chain on the washer.

Here is what I am considering for me: grovia snap shells with flats & prefolds. This would mean no pul/tpu touching skin & wash up super easy!

For DH: using the same snapping shells with snap in soakers. I want to boost them with hemp. That should help them last longer right? Could I tuck a booster in between the soaked layers? Or trying the AIO but then the tpu of the wing tabs are on the tummy right? or buying some grovia trainers! Stuff the opening with a flat (would it fit in there or too narrow?)

Let me know what you think. DS is 2 years old, 30 pounds & tall, skinny thighs & no butt. I prefer all cotton or cotton/hemp touching the booty but like awm too.

Advertisement

crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:55 PM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

They have hemp soakers topped with microfleece now. You can use prefolds in them no problem. A softbums minipod fits between the soaker layers. On the AIO the tabs are double layer stretchy fabric sewn so the inside isn't touching the skin, I don't even think they're TPU there.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:05 PM   #3
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Re: grovia users

no exposed TPU in any of their products

If you use the tuck-under-tabs on GroVia shells, they won't form a laundry chain (GroBaby didn't have this feature)

You can easily slide a booster or two under the soaker layers in the stay dry soaker, they don't fit as easily under the layers of the organic, but you could fold one in half and place it more towards the front.

FWIW: how well were your soakers prepped when you got leaks?? If they weren't washed at least 12 times, then I would guess it was more of a prepping issue than an out-wetting... however, after about age 2 I needed to add a booster to my daughter's diapers.
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:51 AM   #4
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

My son outgrew our Grovia diapers at 12 months. They may be too small for your son now. The covers designed for their snap in soarers run small.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:06 AM   #5
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssand23
My son outgrew our Grovia diapers at 12 months. They may be too small for your son now. The covers designed for their snap in soarers run small.
Hasn't your son outgrown everything though? It's fairly misleading to say that if he's not an average size without disclosing that you have sizing issues with everything.

My daughter turns 4 next week and I can still put either style of GroVia on her, though the snap shells are the roomiest. She is a petite 4 but I have my son in large blueberry Basix and still on the medium rise in his GroVia. It is a trim cut style, but that's what I like about it.
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote