Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Help me figure out spacing between kids

My DD just turned a year old and I have the itch for her to be a newborn again. I have PCOS and we tried for 5 years to get pregnant before we conceived. I want at least 2 years between our kids but the thought of getting pregnant and giving birth again scares me so much. I still haven't had a pp period and am nursing on demand. Here are some things I am thinking about:

-I had bad morning sickness for 5 months with DD. I can't imagine being that sick and trying to take care of her.
-I want to have time with my DD to enjoy her and it just be us for awhile.
-I had a homebirth (I was in labor 54 hours total) and the pain of the contractions is still very fresh in my mind. I was also sick (had a cold) during labor so I'm sure that made it worse. I think I'm a little traumatized by the pain although I know that our birth experience was perfect for us (I don't regret anything)
-I'm afraid it will take us a long time to conceive again (I could use Clomid if I had to)

Any thoughts? I would rather wait awhile and get pregnant versus getting pregnant too early. I would hate for us to have a huge gap between kids though.

Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help me figure out spacing between kids

I'll tell you, it took us 4 years and 2 losses to have DD and SURPRISE I found out 3 months PP that I was pregnant again! It might not take you as long next time Also, I was extremely sick (had migraines/constant vomiting/gallbladder removed) while pregnant with DS and had to hire someone to help around the house for an hour a day/ 6 days a week. So that's definitely something to consider. Lastly, my first labor was 32 hours (with a 3rd degree tear) and my second labor was only 4 hours and 4 pushes (no tearing)!
Not sure if all that scared you or helped you but you'll manage no matter what
Old 01-27-2013, 08:41 PM   #3
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeweese View Post
I'll tell you, it took us 4 years and 2 losses to have DD and SURPRISE I found out 3 months PP that I was pregnant again! It might not take you as long next time Also, I was extremely sick (had migraines/constant vomiting/gallbladder removed) while pregnant with DS and had to hire someone to help around the house for an hour a day/ 6 days a week. So that's definitely something to consider. Lastly, my first labor was 32 hours (with a 3rd degree tear) and my second labor was only 4 hours and 4 pushes (no tearing)!
Not sure if all that scared you or helped you but you'll manage no matter what
That helps- thank you! I think I just need to stop thinking about it right now but it is so hard!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:03 AM   #4
OatmealKisses
Registered Users
seller

If you do not want to become pregnant right away, and God only know if you would or not, than wait.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #5
srw.mutter
Registered Users
seller
seller

I totally know what you mean. I want more/know we will have more kids, but I just love my life with just my husband and son. And I love spending time with my little guy; it is hard to imagine another little person in the mix.

But we have an impending move out of the country, and that definitely has weighed in on the timing of the next baby.

I think your situation is difficult since you want an appropriate spacing, but had some fertility issues. But I'm sure you'll know when your are ready, whether sooner or later on
srw.mutter is offline   Reply With Quote