Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2013, 07:11 AM   #1
Shel9365
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Buyer unhappy, not sure how to proceed...

I sold a diaper to a new DS member (joined in Dec, 9 posts and no feedback) on 12/26, shipped on 12/27 and delivered 12/29. She contacted me this morning about being unhappy with the diaper. She said she knows she should have contacted me sooner, but the diaper was "not squishy like everyone is talking about" and it has two small holes on the outside of the elastic leg. I bought this diaper (a goodmama) in July or August not knowing if we were having a boy or girl yet, and we're having another boy so I never used it. It was in EUC, no holes, I inspected it when I got it and then again when I listed it and took pics. Not super squishy like a new one, but still silky and soft. It was priced to reflect this at $20ppd. I didn't accept her offer of $18 because I just paid $23 a few months prior and was already taking almost a $7 hit (after shipping and pp fees).

She said in her PM she wants to "compromise". I'm not sure what this means and would like to find out the right way to proceed here. I feel that she got the item as described for a good price. I definitely don't want to give her money off the diaper, and don't really want to take a diaper back in different condition than what I sold it in. I'm thinking I should ask for pics of the holes? And I probably have to offer to refund her if she mails it back? I need some advice please! Thanks!!

Advertisement

Old 01-19-2013, 07:21 AM   #2
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Buyer unhappy, not sure how to proceed...

Contact a MOD. Sound like buyers remorse 3 weeks later. I don't think she can keep and potentially wash, use, and or destroy an item for that long and then want a refund partial or otherwise.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
mammato2
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yeah, three weeks? I wouldnt be surprised if she used/ washed it. If she wanted a squishy brand new like diaper, she should have paid the price for the new diaper... Which been much more than 20$. I'd expect for 20$ that it wasn't in "like new" condition.

Like me on facebook for a free discount code to the Etsy site!

Last edited by mammato2; 01-19-2013 at 07:29 AM.
mammato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:37 AM   #4
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would tell her sorry but shes out of luck, 3 weeks is WAY to long. There is no compromise in this situation, shes probably washed, used and done who knows what to it, its hers, if it wasnt squishy enough for her when she got it she should have said something then
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:00 AM   #5
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

If she has washed it already, Paypal will not grant her a refund. 3 weeks is too long in my opinion.

Contact a mod - they will set up a private chat room for you and her and a mod to talk it through (present both sides) and help you come to a conclusion.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #6
Shel9365
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for your help ladies. I will contact a mod
Old 01-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #7
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would contact a mod as well. I'm more than happy to work with people, but not 3 weeks later.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:30 AM   #8
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:

I would ask for pictures, if only to see if your original pictures show that spot as in tact. If they do, she's SOL.
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #9
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
You can ruin a GM pretty quickly with bleach & hot water. I did that to my first one. Spent $40 on it then it got tossed in with the "to be stripped" diapers. Followed Bumgenius method of stripping & had a "not squishy, kinda rough" GoodMama. Poor Carmel Apple...

I agree with all the above advice on how to handle the "complaint".

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #10
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

Have you contacted a mod yet? Feel free to pm me. I would go ahead and request photos also ask if it was used/washed ect