Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2013, 06:23 AM   #1
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
To quit, or not to quit, that is the question...

My youngest (and last) baby is 22 months. He shows no signs of potty learning and is a stay at home kid (no daycare, etc.). I am having a really hard time using our beautiful cloth diaper stash consistently. Sposies have been an easy fallback over the holidays, and I tend to put them on him when we go out and about.
I can't decide if it would be best to just sell off my stash, and use sposies from now on, or use them until he potty learns and then sell them. We could use the money, but it would also cost money to buy sposies (I only use Lorax approved).
Help me list out the reasons I should stick with it!
Here are the cons (in my eyes):
* stink issues. We are using hybrid fitteds and the microfleece liner seems to hold stink, a urine odor.
* hate spraying off poo
*not 100% reliable for out and about (with wool)
*harder for DH to change
*between snap setting, so either too tight, or hip snap showing (I have ordered hip snap covers, they are stiiiiiiiiill on the way)
*addictive, so I know I will probably buy more even though we don't need them
*have to change more often

Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 06:34 AM   #2
mms1972
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I would keep them and use till pling....but not feel bad about using a sposie here and there when u go out! Or maybe downsize your stash by half and do part time? I have been so close to just quitting too with my hard to fit baby...but I decided to just not let myself feel guilty for using sposies at night and when we go out. It doesn't have to be all or nothing.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:46 AM   #3
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: To quit, or not to quit, that is the question...

When did you other boys potty train?
Old 01-03-2013, 06:53 AM   #4
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Why not take a break? Or sell off half your stash and then keep sposies on hand for when you don't feel like using CDing.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:50 AM   #5
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

My older ds didn't potty train until he was 3.5 years old, so I'm sure we are nowhere near that stage with my younger ds. I could really sell half of my stash and still cd full time if I washed often enough, which I probably need to do to help with stinkies.
I will start with picking out 12-18 of my favorites and listing the rest. I will always use sposies at night, since I can't deal with morning toddler pee.
My main concern is that I will sell off my fitteds and then wish I had them in the warm months, when my ds will be running around coverless and hopefully wanting to try out the potty!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #6
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephcrouse View Post
My older ds didn't potty train until he was 3.5 years old, so I'm sure we are nowhere near that stage with my younger ds. I could really sell half of my stash and still cd full time if I washed often enough, which I probably need to do to help with stinkies.
I will start with picking out 12-18 of my favorites and listing the rest. I will always use sposies at night, since I can't deal with morning toddler pee.
My main concern is that I will sell off my fitteds and then wish I had them in the warm months, when my ds will be running around coverless and hopefully wanting to try out the potty!
Good plan. That's a long time to use sposies. $$$$$

My other thought was to sell everything and just buy a bunch of BGE's or something simple but trustworthy.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:44 AM   #7
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki24 View Post
Good plan. That's a long time to use sposies. $$$$$

My other thought was to sell everything and just buy a bunch of BGE's or something simple but trustworthy.
I thought about that too, but I have gone down the road of trying everything and seem to have been happiest with fitteds and wool.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #8
sweetppolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have gone through this also. I am on my fourth cd child and that makes for over eight years of cloth diapers. I keep thinking I will quit but I cant deal with the guilt, lol. I end up selling/buying/selling/buying. I would suggest putting them away for a bit and then seeing if you want to try again. If you have stink issues, switch to a different diaper. I had to start using pockets, which I hate, but work best for youngest ds, and that has made it easier for us. My oldest is 3 and not interested in the potty but I am buying trainers now to try and work on it full force~good luck with whatever you decide!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:40 PM   #9
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Bought a big pack of huggies at Target today. I think I am leaning toward very part time to quiting entirely at this point. I am going to sell off everything but a day's worth of fitteds. I think I will just destash it all...cloth wipes, wool, wet bags, everything that seems like it is overwhelming to me compared to sposies and sposie wipes. I think I just have too much else to do and dispersing doesn't need to take any more time, or effort.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #10
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

If it was not fitteds and wool I'd say sure, sell it off. But is it stuff that would be hard to get your hands on again if you regretted selling it? I once sold almost all my wool (thank goodness I saved my two Twee Baby longies because I use them now and I'd never have been able to get some again) and all my fitteds (Bumstoppers customs, Short Rounds, etc...stuff I stalked and waited a long time for). I still regret it so much! I'll never get that stuff back. Gorgeous knit longies and shorties and custom diapers..all gone because I got burned out on fitteds and wool. Take a break sure but I don't think I could sell it all off just yet.