Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
hey mamas with vitamin know how

Do these look like a good choice?
I've gotten my dds the whole food ones and the Echinacea ones what do you think?

http://heronutritionals.com/vitamins.jsp?productid=7

Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #2
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anybody?
Old 01-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #3
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: hey mamas with vitamin know how

I'll take a look tonight when I log back on.

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #4
Katie180
Registered Users
seller

The website doesn't answer the 2 things I look for in vitamins. Bioavailability and source. I want to know that what my kids are ingesting is being used in their bodies and also I tend to go with plant based. My kiddos do liquid vitamins that are awesome.
Katie180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #5
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Went ahead and took a look at them. What exactly are you using them for? To boost immune?

Old 01-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #6
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ View Post
Went ahead and took a look at them. What exactly are you using them for? To boost immune?
Well thats why I got the Echinacea one but I just wanted a good whole foods all around vitamin for my dds because my 2yo is sooooo picky I know she doesn't get her daily value. Also she doesn't like chewables this is the first vitamin I've gotten her to take actually she bugs me for more lol but I want it to actually be good for her and work. I can sometimes hide liquids in juice so any recommendations are appreciated but chewables are out
Old 01-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #7
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie180 View Post
The website doesn't answer the 2 things I look for in vitamins. Bioavailability and source. I want to know that what my kids are ingesting is being used in their bodies and also I tend to go with plant based. My kiddos do liquid vitamins that are awesome.
Well poo lol what liquid do u use?
Old 01-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #8
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Fwiw, I find the whole food vitamins to be more allergenic. It's a good idea, at least in theory, but when they shove the whole forest in there, they are likely to put something in there that doesn't sit right on the tummy which can create progressive allergic responses to other components of the vitamin. Just something to keep in mind before you buy large quantities. I think sometimes standard brands that are hypoallergenic can be a better ticket and often cheaper than whole foods vites.

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #9
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Actually I just looked at the wholefood gummy you pointed to, and it looks tame--just some fruits and veggies. I should really look before I yap, lol. Without info about bioavailability and so forth, you might get more bang for your buck just getting a reasonably natural wider-spectrum gummy vite (A,C,E are arguably just the tip of whata kid needs), but that wholefood gummy does not look allergenic at all.

Do you sometimes make smoothies? If you do, you might want to try the following. If you got a standard broad-spectrum gummy vite without artificial coloring, etc. you could supplement it by adding small amounts of the following to smoothies once or twice a week: Vibrant Health Rainbow Vibrance Full Spectrum Superfood http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../dp/B001ECZNLO Not all of the fruits and veggies are organic, but it is gluten free w/ no additives, a decent price, and made by a company that seems responsible. It REALLY packs a punch. Once they can swallow capsules, I recommend: http://www.vitacost.com/natures-way-orchard-fruits This one keeps the enzymes in tact through flash glancing, and it does so much more affordably and with less "extras" that you may not want than other more popular brands.

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants

Last edited by debcita429; 01-20-2013 at 07:36 PM.
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #10
~happy2Bamommy~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

That one is a pretty crappy one if you want a multi

Check out Nature's Plus. We have been really happy with them. They are a *whole foods* vitamin.