Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-23-2013, 08:49 AM   #1
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Breastfeeding and Ovulation/Pregnancy Question

Hi ladies! Aside from my first pregnancy I have always gotten pregnant while breastfeeding and continued through most of the pregnancy or tandem nursed after the new babys birth with no issues at all. The past few days my 11 month old who is mostly still exclusively breastfed (eats small amounts of fruits/veggies 1-2x a day) hasn't been that into nursing which is strange for her and she has spit up (which she NEVER ever does) a few times. She is otherwise fine, no temp or anything wrong with her. She almost gags when she starts nursing as if she doesnt like it! I don't know what to make of this?! We are not trying not preventing, I have not had a period but I suspected I may have ovulated last week and in the past few days I have noticed increased urination, mild cramping and I am wicked emotional. I plan on testing later today but I guess my question is if anyone has experienced their baby not liking their breastmilk when they were ovulating or pregnant and did it get better? tia

Advertisement

Old 05-23-2013, 09:03 AM   #2
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Breastfeeding and Ovulation/Pregnancy Question

I found that my babies had an adversion and I got a supply dip with ovulation. When I got pregnant while nursing my nipples began to get sore, but my baby did not seem to care about milk taste.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

thank you so much for your response! i too have gotten sore boobs esp in the first months of pregnancy while breastfeeding and im not feeling that now, so im thinking something is happening with my body whether ovulation or pregnancy, we shall see which one

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
I found that my babies had an adversion and I got a supply dip with ovulation. When I got pregnant while nursing my nipples began to get sore, but my baby did not seem to care about milk taste.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #4
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My cousin was BFing her son while she got pregnant with #2. Her son didn't like the taste of her milk anymore and stopped nursing on his own.
SAHM to Keila 9/08 and Brycen 10/10. Expecting #3 ~Our Rainbow Baby~ March 2015!
Mamaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #5
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've only been pregnant once while BF'ing and DD was 14mths when it happened. I ended up m/c'ing a week later, but I didn't notice a dip in supply at all.
She never had issues during ovulation either!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote