Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
mama2jack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
On the way to clean the office for the family business this morning.
A guy blacked out while driving and crossed into the oncoming traffic (me!) and missed hitting me by inches then went all the way across and down into a ravine where he hit a tree. I pulled over and ran down to where he was thinking he was either drunk or diabetic. Poor guy was so incoherent and didn't know where he was but was able to tell me he was diabetic. He kept saying he was fine and I think he was trying to not be a bother but he had no idea he had run off the road. I just keep picturing how his expression in his eyes was just so lost. Another motorist who he almost hit came down and stood over my shoulder complaining about how he had almost hit her and being snotty. Ugh, I regret not telling her to have some compassion but I so don't do confrontation.
I left shortly after first responders arrived but I have been thinking of him all morning and hoping he is ok. Thought if I could share my thoughts somewhere I might feel better.

Eta: in retrospect I regret wearing my least favorite electric blue yoga pants to clean this morning. I am sure I looked like a crazy lady running across the road with no accident in line of sight.

Advertisement

Last edited by mama2jack; 01-20-2013 at 11:51 AM.
mama2jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #2
marenmccoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The craziest thing happened....

Wow how scary! I didn't even really know something like that could happen with diabetes.
marenmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #3
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

Oh that's awful, but it's amazing no one was seriously injured! My sister is a brittle diabetic, insulin reactions can happen so rapidly, someone can be fine and then in 30 seconds blacked out and seizing. It's terrible. Good for you going down and helping him mama!
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

As a diabetic, I thank you for your quick thinking and compassion. Secondly I am so glad that you weren't hurt!!
Old 01-20-2013, 12:09 PM   #5
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I am glad no one was seriously hurt. Good job staying till the parametics arrived. His sugars were clearly off.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote