Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2013, 07:10 AM   #1
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

What kind of stomach bug is this? Tmi!

I hear all this norovirus and rotavirus being big this year and not sure if my son has a regular tummy bug or one of these. No fever but yesterday I felt something was up ( he is 2 1/2 and was eating and playing fine ). Then in the evening, he started fussing and threw up everywhere. Proceeded to do that from 7:30 at night til about 2:30 am, every 20 min. During the wee hours of that, I smelled poop and he had a bit of diarrhea and didn't even know. I put a diaper on him and it happened two more times, I think from the force of the vomiting. Woke at 8, drank a water bottle and went back to sleep, no vomiting.. He was at a party sat and neighbor said 2 people started vomiting this am. Thoughts? Oh and not the food bc he didn't eat anything.

Advertisement

Last edited by bluedaisyma; 01-21-2013 at 07:11 AM.
bluedaisyma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:17 AM   #2
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

Re: What kind of stomach bug is this? Tmi!

Those are simply different viral tummy bugs. I suppose you could get a definitive answer from a doctor, but it doesn't really matter. There are hundreds of different viruses that can cause those symptoms. I would just watch for signs of dehydration.

From my own experience, I would say that rotovirus is a bit more distinct - it's more of a diarrhea than a vomiting illness.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:19 AM   #3
Sydsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
IME rotovirus makes the vomit and poo smell horrific. Noro is really going around right now, dd just got over it