Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
AzulMariposa
Registered Users
seller

We are downsizing, kindof. Small space tips

Right now we have a pretty large house, 3 large bedrooms, full basement. We are renting from my mom and it is messing up our mother daughter relationship, along with other problems, so we are moving. We are moving into town, and found a 4 bedroom within walking distance of DHs work and the library for the kids and I. The living room and bedrooms are all smaller, and the fourth room is taking the place of our basement gameroom. Now that Rayne is sleeping through the night, and she prefers her bed to mine, We are planning on putting all three kids in one room to sleep so we have the other room for play. We are also looking for a smaller kitchen table so we can have it in the eat in kitchen, and use the dining room as a school room, but otherwise we will have our school stuff in a corne of the living room. I am planning bunks for the big girls and toddler bed for Rayne. We have an ikea kura bed we are going to keep in storage, figured by the time Rayne outgrows the toddler bed the big girls will be mostly out of the need for a play room and we will separate them and the kura will give Rayne a little more playspace in her room. I know organization and having a place for everything is important, and we are decluttering a ton of stuff too. Any other tips for kids sharing a small space?

Advertisement

Old 01-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #2
AzulMariposa
Registered Users
seller

I know my oldest wants private space. She is entering the tween years early. Any tips for that?
Old 01-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #3
Amandamama
Registered Users

Re: We are downsizing, kindof. Small space tips

Maybe a loft bed for the tween?
Amandamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #4
AzulMariposa
Registered Users
seller

The bedrooms are small, i dont think i can fit two twin beds seperately, so i am giving her the top bunk. Right now she has the kura, and she asks if her sister can sleep in her bed every night. Maybe the attitude was just coming from public school last year. Every once in awhile she starts whining about it, but mostly i think she likes being big sister.