Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
My Mood:
Unhappy I think he's weaning already

Babe will be 1 year on the 18th. I had been looking forward to reducing/cutting out the pump at work, but I was hoping to co-sleep and nurse at night as much as possible for a while still. A couple months ago babe reverse cycled and it was fantastic. Hubby might have complained, but I was in heaven.

Since Christmas babe has been sleeping longer stretches, now waking only once to nurse in the night. He's nursing less in the morning, more interested in playing than boobage. This week my pumping output dropped to only 5-7 ounces a day, and today he pushed away the bottle and his nanny thinks he drank less than 4 oz. Tonight when I put him to bed he kept popping off to suck his thumb, and totally refused the other breast. It's not like he eats a ton of solid food, he probably eats less than most kids his age. This feels way too early for me.

Can someone please explain to this boy the benefits of extended breastfeeding and the WHO recommendation of "to age two"? Because apparently I'm the only one in this relationship who has heard them. I also happen to think he's still my little tiny baby who needs me and my milk!

Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: I think he's weaning already

I think mo 9mo is going thru the same thing. I have such mixed feelings since I love to nurse him, but I am beginning to loath the pump.
bemindful is offline   Reply With Quote