Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #1
allhiskids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Help me justify

He is 5.5 but is very small, 39 inches and 34 pounds. Currently riding in a Boulevard and sit fits fine, but will need something else in the other car. I really like the Recaro prosport. Dh, while he agrees with safety feels like because of his age we should just get a simple highjack booster. I want to harness until he is much larger than he is now.

Thoughts?

Advertisement

Kathy Mama to Isaac 7-25 , Grace , Charlie , Heather
allhiskids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #2
need some diaps!
Registered Users
seller

Re: Help me justify

Will you be able to use it with another child? Thats a good selling point here
need some diaps! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #3
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

he's too small to be safely in a booster. I don't care if he is 5, he's short and skinny and finding a good fit for a booster would be difficult.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #4
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What is the minimum weight allowed in boosters? I think ours have always been 40lb? I am not sure though.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #5
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

some are 30lbs

Have your husband watch this: news story *warning* toddler death
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #6
maddys_mama
Registered Users

My Mood:
We adore our prosport. My daughter is 5 and a bit bigger than your son, but still on the smaller side for her age. We opted for the recaro over the frontier for a variety of reasons...I really like recaro car seats (we had a como), the frontier would've been overkill for my daughter, and even if it wasn't, she didn't find the frontier comfortable. She's been in it for over a year and still has a ton of room to go. When the time comes, we'll buy her a separate high back booster and pass the prosport on to ds.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #7
jess71903
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Could you talk him into a harness with a less-expensive seat? I love my ProSport, but it's pricey, especially when he's comparing to a booster. The Harmony Defender is new at Walmart. Even the Maestro, with it's 50lb weight limit, wouldn't be an issue with a light-weight.

Gage is Redefining Spina Bifida
jess71903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:09 AM   #8
kinderreruns
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have our above average (95%) height seven year old in Britax Frontier 85 SICT. She is still in the 5 point harness since she likes to sleep & “flop” in the car. If your child can not sit up properly the whole time in the car a booster should not be used for the belts will not work properly.
kinderreruns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:16 AM   #9
cmarsh31
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

He's too small for a booster - you know that You don't need me to justify, just tell that man that your baby is not going in a booster!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #10
magwich
Registered Users

We have a prosport and we really like it, but honestly, I'm not sure I'd spend the money for it again. We got an evenflo Maestro to use for carpool and our son started insisting on sitting in that instead of his seat. The evenflo looks so much less comfy, but he insists he prefers it...
magwich is offline   Reply With Quote