Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #11
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FernHollow View Post
Pretty doe! How old is she? We have Nubians but my husband has suggested getting Boers eventually too.
Thank you she was born January 7th
I love boers and nubians they both have that beautiful roman nose I almost can't look at another goat that has a dish face lol

Advertisement

Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #12
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:
Re: showing off our new doe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiemama View Post
Thank you she was born January 7th
I love boers and nubians they both have that beautiful roman nose I almost can't look at another goat that has a dish face lol
Our Nubians are all from nice show lines, so yes they have those gorgeous roman noses too. We really liked the Boers that some friends' have so I may eventually decide to get some to raise up with the excess milk from our Nubian herd. It seems like I know multiple people that have had both breeds together for that very reason. We are going to raise the wethers from our does this year for the freezer so I guess we will see how that goes before investing in Boers too.

Last edited by FernHollow; 01-21-2013 at 09:26 AM.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #13
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FernHollow View Post

Our Nubians are all from nice show lines, so yes they have those gorgeous roman noses too. We really liked the Boers that some friends' have so I may eventually decide to get some to raise up with the excess milk from our Nubian herd. It seems like I know multiple people that have had both breeds together for that very reason. We are going to raise the wethers from our does this year for the freezer so I guess we will see how that goes before investing in Boers too.
Yes a lot of folks we know that raise boers keep several Nubians in case they need the milk.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #14
Lanolin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I her
Lanolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #15
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

She's adorable. Enjoy . One of my friends is about to start homesteading, and I recommended a Nubian just from things I read here and there. But I think she's leaning toward a micro-mini cow instead despite their price b/c the presence of any goatiness in the milk would spoil it for her. I don't like milk goaty either, although I've adjusted somewhat b/c I'm off of cow dairy. I've heard nubians taste much more like rich cow's milk than like the goat milk at the store though.

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #16
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Our other new girl!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ATT_1358793889085_2013 Texas Flush Kids 016.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	131589

Here she is with her sister

ForumRunner_20130123_151404.jpg

ForumRunner_20130123_151431.jpg
Old 01-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #17
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You have some brick house built goats goin on there girl! Your killin me! I want a nubian soooo bad for Cayden. We're trying to fix the house up in ways that add equity so we can get a new place with way more land. may get the calf and goat first though. Still on the fennce. Very nice!!!!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #18
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9 View Post
You have some brick house built goats goin on there girl! Your killin me! I want a nubian soooo bad for Cayden. We're trying to fix the house up in ways that add equity so we can get a new place with way more land. may get the calf and goat first though. Still on the fennce. Very nice!!!!
Thanks I can't wait to breed them! If you lived closer I have a 3/4 Nubian 1/4 saanen (both milk breeds) yearling doe never bred I would totally give you and her bff (a Nubian wether) since keeping them alone is cruel she would need a buddy