Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: What would you do?

I'll be the first to admit that DH & I were the ones who overdid it at Christmas this year. *sigh* It got out of hand quickly.

Anyhow, something we did with my family this year was to get super excited about a particular thing we knew the kid(s) would enjoy. Like, "You know what the kids need? A new wooden table and chair set. I saw a really cool one at Ikea." And I called up my sister one night and said, "I have a great gift idea for the kids." And I told her exactly what it was and where to get it. They all bought into it, no questions asked.

I keep asking for that elusive zoo membership, though. No dice.

I have a cousin who is infamous for sending junk for the kids. They played with it a little on Christmas, then it all magically disappeared and hasn't ONCE been asked about. I have no guilt in doing that, whatsoever.

Amy ~ Everything in moderation, WOH, glass half full, not committed to any labels, try, try again mama to 3! H 11/07 and M 8/10 and B 8/12
badmisterkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: What would you do?

I try to make everyone stick to lists. My mom & DHs step-mom are great with lists & completely understand & agree with the purpose behind them. DHs mom is awful!
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote