Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2007, 09:22 PM   #1
Jordan~&~Jenna's~mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Stroller opinions?

Hoping someone here has this stroller and can give me some input. I put it on our baby registry a while back and forgot it was on there! Now today when I went to go update the registry out of the blue, I see it's been bought for us. I was going to take it off of the registry after reading mixed reviews... but a little late now. I can only hope I will love it. I'm sooo sad to have to park my beloved Gesslein to use a double stroller for the girls, but this seems so much more practical. What do you think?? Girls ages: newborn and 15mo, plus a 3.5 y/o hanging on to the side strap while walking.

http://www.baby-wise.com/product_inf...oducts_id=2497

Advertisement

Old 05-15-2007, 09:42 PM   #2
Guardandolaluna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Stroller opinions?

Wow! I love that, wish I had seen that one before getting mine. that must be newer. I have a Graco duiglide LX I got from Babyage.com for 150 with free shipping. I got the black and silver thinking it looked sharp. I like it. I miss my little Chicco though sometimes. I usually end up pushing the stroller and wearing on of my little ones. I like that this Kolcraft has so many options on how to use it. I had seen one similar that did not get great reviews - the Eddie bauer tandem i think. I love the red color and I like that the cupholders don't block the view of the baby when the baby is in the carrier. Mine does that. I like having the 5 pt harness on mine, which this one has. The only issue I have sometimes with mine is that my DS is a pill in it. If he rides in the front, he puts his feet on the wheels to be silly. If he is in the back, he puts his feet on his sister and annoys her, lol! The price for that stroller is great too! I had seen others that can run 400+! I hope you enjoy it! Let me know how it works.. it makes me want to give mine up

Guardandolaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:36 PM   #3
judahsmommy
Registered Users

wow, that looks nice! i've never seen that! i've been trying to decide between the mega-expensive perego duette and phil and ted's E3. this looks really nice, though! it's probably not in Canada, though!

ISO: Ergo Carrier, Moby D (or similar) wrap
judahsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:44 AM   #4
myrrh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For a double, *I* personally prefer the Phil and Ted's E3 or the Zooper Tango (2005 and newer since that's when they improved their design a bit) The E3 is hands down the most versatile stroller I've seen. It works great as a single and great as a double. It's comfy to push, turns on a dime AND it's all -terrain There's my recommendation. I would probably take that stroller back if it was me, those just aren't comfy to push, store or for the kids to ride in IMO. There's also the Maclaren doubles and they're awesome too

But then again, I'm kind of a stroller snob
myrrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 02:02 AM   #5
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, that's a pretty kick a$$ stroller!! LOL I bought like 3 different tandem strollers w/ my twins over the first 3yrs b/c none of them were what worked at the time. I had a front/back, then a side by side, then a face-to-face or front/back!! After that I said no more strollers! LOL This was like 10yrs ago so I didn't have as many options as now.
I really like how many options you have with it, but personally I would buy a Maclaren Twin Traveller if I had the choice. I bought a Graco double stroller w/ infant seat set trying to be budget friendly but kick myself often b/c now we have a double jogger AND a double Graco (no carseat now) that cost as much as the Maclaren would have!
Old 05-16-2007, 08:02 AM   #6
OwensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have seen a review for it on the yahoo group stroller swap and I'm pretty sure the person really liked it. She had tons of pictures posted too, Ill see if I can find them!

I think the general thought on it is that its a little expensive for a "lower" end brand so a lot of people don't recommend it mainly for that reason.

ETA: I couldn't find the pics I was looking for but from what I read on the stroller group most people thought it was heavy, hard to steer, did not fold well and had short seats. Keeping in mind though, these people are stroller snobs who have about 20 strollers. LOL.

Last edited by OwensMama; 05-16-2007 at 08:14 AM.
OwensMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:15 PM   #7
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is 1 that I have been looking at also