Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #11
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Tuesday

Sorry Janine.

Almost lunch time I am ready. Tuesday mornings go so quickly I hit the round running at 7:55 with my first class and go go go until 10:50 with classes.

Advertisement

jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #12
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry Janine.

Almost lunch time I am ready. Tuesday mornings go so quickly I hit the round running at 7:55 with my first class and go go go until 10:50 with classes.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:23 AM   #13
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mmmm my lunch was good!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #14
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hola mamacitas. For once 98% of my house is totally clean. Just our bedroom is a mess.

It is cold as fork. The weather channel forcasted 11, then said 6 or something this morning, but all the thermometers here said -1 or similar. Ugh.

Sorry about the feet Janine. That sucks.

I am about to revamp morning routine here. It is NOT working for me anymore. I had a total meltdown this morning because everyone just off and did what they wanted and no one was listening at all. I would look right at them (including DH) and say, do X and they would nod and go do Y. So starting tomorrow, no one comes in to snuggle before I get up, I am tired of wrestling three snakes that fight nonstop and them ignoring me to go to the bathroom in sequence BEFORE I get up. I am getting up before they do, and have my coffee in peace before anyone talks to me. Hopefully have lunches done and breakfast on the table before they even get downstairs. We have an egg timer on the table for when someone drags their feet while eating. We will go back to laying out clothes the night before, no one appears to have the ability to put together coordinated, weather-appropriate any more on their own. For the love of God there will be some order and sanity in my mornings again. DH has committed to listening and doing what I command as long as I say his name first, so he knows I am talking to him - I guess eye contact isn't enough. So tomorrow we shall see if this miracle works.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #15
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
mmmm my lunch was good!
I had pumpkin pie (from thanksgiving) with a little cream for my lunch. It was really yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Hola mamacitas. For once 98% of my house is totally clean. Just our bedroom is a mess.

It is cold as fork. The weather channel forcasted 11, then said 6 or something this morning, but all the thermometers here said -1 or similar. Ugh.

Sorry about the feet Janine. That sucks.

I am about to revamp morning routine here. It is NOT working for me anymore. I had a total meltdown this morning because everyone just off and did what they wanted and no one was listening at all. I would look right at them (including DH) and say, do X and they would nod and go do Y. So starting tomorrow, no one comes in to snuggle before I get up, I am tired of wrestling three snakes that fight nonstop and them ignoring me to go to the bathroom in sequence BEFORE I get up. I am getting up before they do, and have my coffee in peace before anyone talks to me. Hopefully have lunches done and breakfast on the table before they even get downstairs. We have an egg timer on the table for when someone drags their feet while eating. We will go back to laying out clothes the night before, no one appears to have the ability to put together coordinated, weather-appropriate any more on their own. For the love of God there will be some order and sanity in my mornings again. DH has committed to listening and doing what I command as long as I say his name first, so he knows I am talking to him - I guess eye contact isn't enough. So tomorrow we shall see if this miracle works.
Yup, routine is the only way to go....I'm about at the point were I'm going to physically dress the girls in the mornings. They just cant makes themselves do it even when I'm sat there in the room with them telling them to get dressed. It's not worth the stress anymore.

We always say the name of the person we're talking to here because there are just too many of us.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:18 PM   #16
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What's the afternoon look like Jen?
Old 01-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #17
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My afternoon is my planning time so it is quiet and ALLLLLL mine.

Then after school I have a building leadership team meeting. One we get home it is leftovers for dinner while MH and I make her meatballs for tomorrow's spaghetti and meatballs (what she requested) and 2 dozen cupcakes.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #18
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~whitehologram~ View Post
Yup, routine is the only way to go...
Well, we had one, but it morphed into something that doesn't work any more. And I have had routines that worked well for a while, then stopped working. Sometimes you just have to change it up just for the sake of doing it differently for no other reason than the current one isn't working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~whitehologram~ View Post
We always say the name of the person we're talking to here because there are just too many of us.
So this morning, I look DH in the eyes and hand him a banana, and say, "Cut this in half so they can share it." He took the banana and I have no idea where it went. Later says he didn't hear me say anything. I don't think his argument of what I said must of been meant for anyone else really applies. He just wasn't listening, like the rest of them. I will tell one kid, go get the hairbrush on the couch and brush your hair...and they will go to the bathroom. It's like herding cats. I swear I feel like I need to cup their face in my hands, say what I need them to do, then have them repeat it back to me, DH included.

The problem is there are no real consequences to them not getting ready on time. So say I let them miss the bus. They can't walk to school, it is -1F. Driving them there only makes me mad and inconveniences ME. I take privileges away, and it just makes it harder for ME to watch them.

I am just venting. You know how it is.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #19
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

One of MH's stickers is staying in bed until 6:00 so I have an hour alone in the AM to get myself ready and drink my coffee and chill
Old 01-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #20
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh god....I've just seen a thread on Rav about another incident in a collage