View Poll Results: What is most important? Price or Service?
Price is king. I will always choose the lowest price. 7 23.33%
Price is more important, but I will occasionally pay more for good service. 12 40.00%
Service is most important, but I will occasionally choose big box if they are a lot cheaper. 10 33.33%
Service and loyalty is king. I will always choose a business with the best service. 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
ClothBuddha
Registered Users

Question What is most important? Price or Service?

Hello ladies (and a few gents).

My question to you today is this: When purchasing cloth diapers, what is the most important (deciding) factor: The lowest price or The best service/warranty/staff (from the boutique/site)?

For instance, let's say you're about to purchase from a small online boutique with great follow up service, knowledgeable staff but no discount pricing. You then notice that a big box store has a 25% off coupon for the same products. Their staff know nothing about cloth diapers and the last time, they gave you terrible washing advice and nearly ruined your diapers. However, you're strapped for cash and you know how to care for your diapers now and you know you'll save considerable money going to the big box store? What do you do?

Advertisement

ClothBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #2
jen12323
Registered Users

Re: What is most important? Price or Service?

If it's 25%, definitely the big box cheaper one. If it's the same price (which it usually is - how did you find 25% off? Where), then I would choose service all the time.
jen12323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #3
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Money. I cannot afford to be overly concerned with customer service. I have to look first at our bottom line. I can always research elsewhere about care of purchased item. Now if the store had a reputation for slow shipping(I have heard a month plus on one particual place) or poor quality this would change things. I may be purchasing on line but typically want the item sent in a reasonable time frame and in good condition.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #4
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Price is more important. I rarely call cs unless it is something major.
Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #5
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

I will and have paid more to support businesses that show their appreciation for my patronage by providing excellent customer service.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #6
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2010 View Post
I will and have paid more to support businesses that show their appreciation for my patronage by providing excellent customer service.
Absolutely agree with this. Rarely do larger stores have anything better than hit and miss customer service.
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #7
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

Ideally I want to say service, but between staying at home due to maternity leave, and then taking a little over a year off from working to stay at home with DD, money was a big issue and every little dollar saved was more to go towards food or whatever we needed at the time. We had to seriously budget everything.

I voted for money, but would occasionally pay more, because all of my diaper buying was around the time I was not really working.

Now I am back at work (recently returned), with a much bigger salary and if I could vote again, I would vote for service. If I can afford it service will always be most important.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #8
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:

I would deal with cruddy customer service for a significantly cheaper price... 25% is pretty significant!
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #9
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Honestly, if it was gosh awful c/s, rude employees, treat me like crap & give me a defective product with no recourse then I would pay MSRP. Otherwise, I might buy what I need that one time then never go back.

I have bought from so many cd stores but only return to the ones with great c/s. I already have my faves so it has to be smokin deals to get me to switch. I feel loyal to them.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #10
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

25% is a big difference. If that was the case I would go with the cost saving route.

I tend to shop at the same two stores. One is cottonbabies, bc they have seconds of bg pockets and flips (which is what I use a lot of), the other is sweetbottomsbaby boutique.

Sweetbottomsbaby has exceptional customer service and I would go to them for just about anything if they sold it...but they dont sell everything I want. They ship quick and they have a reward system. They have a msging system in their website as well (So my facebook friends dont have to get updates in their news feeds about my diaper buying adventures) and they respond quickly. They only have a small coupon code but their prices are competitive. They dont do the big "if you spend such and such u get a free OS diaper/wetbag/cover" which is fine bc that is something that doesnt appeal to me at all. In the past, I have paid slightly more here and there to buy from there. Not much, but if the difference is $1 or $2 I shop there.

Last edited by sandhillcranes; 01-22-2013 at 05:42 PM.
sandhillcranes is offline   Reply With Quote