Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
MamaZnR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Clean eaters need ideas!

Need some new motivation and ideas for food. What are you eating for snacks? Need kid friendly ideas. DS would love to snack on chips and pretzels all day long. I fight for fruit and veggies.
What do you eat when you have a sweet tooth (besides fruit)?
Thanks!

Advertisement

MamaZnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Clean eaters need ideas!

For something sweet I love to slice a banana and put honey and cinnamon on top. For snacks my kids like crackers, pretzels, and veggies dipped in hummus. They'll eat PB out of the jar with a spoon (real PB not Jif). Nuts, seeds, trail mix. Whole wheat toast or some type of bagel (a good bagel from TJ or Whole Foods) with coconut oil on top. Annie's fruit snacks. Veggie sticks (like chips) or Pirate's Booty (not the best but hey, WAY better than Doritos or something like that!) Good, all natural chips and salsa. I wouldn't say we are completely clean eaters but we do eat very healthy and we pretty much stay clear of bad ingredients.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
mom2LBJ
Registered Users

My Mood:

'sweet' snacks in our house are veggies with almond butter (usually carrots or celery), grilled peaches (with coconut oil), or fruits. Regular every day snacks are sunflower seeds, pistachios, almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, hard boiled eggs, jerky, berries, bananas or apples with almond butter, roasted sweet potatoes, kale chips, or just raw veggies.
mom2LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:50 PM   #4
MamaZnR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Tell me more about the grilled peaches!

Thanks for the ideas!
Old 12-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #5
MamaZnR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked
For something sweet I love to slice a banana and put honey and cinnamon on top. For snacks my kids like crackers, pretzels, and veggies dipped in hummus. They'll eat PB out of the jar with a spoon (real PB not Jif). Nuts, seeds, trail mix. Whole wheat toast or some type of bagel (a good bagel from TJ or Whole Foods) with coconut oil on top. Annie's fruit snacks. Veggie sticks (like chips) or Pirate's Booty (not the best but hey, WAY better than Doritos or something like that!) Good, all natural chips and salsa. I wouldn't say we are completely clean eaters but we do eat very healthy and we pretty much stay clear of bad ingredients.
Yeah this is where my family is. I want to be cleaner. My 6yo only want processed food for a snack. :-. Thanks for the ideas. The good news is, we could be eating worse!
Old 12-25-2013, 06:23 PM   #6
mom2LBJ
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaZnR View Post
Tell me more about the grilled peaches!

Thanks for the ideas!
cut in half, remove pit, cover cut sides with coconut oil, grill on medium high for about 4-5 minutes, enjoy. I'll sometimes add pumpkin spice or cinnamon. The original recipe I had followed said to add honey, but that made it too sweet for us, so we skip it.
mom2LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:22 AM   #7
MamaZnR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2LBJ
cut in half, remove pit, cover cut sides with coconut oil, grill on medium high for about 4-5 minutes, enjoy. I'll sometimes add pumpkin spice or cinnamon. The original recipe I had followed said to add honey, but that made it too sweet for us, so we skip it.
Sounds delicious! Thanks
Old 12-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #8
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yummy ideas following!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #9
photocat
Registered Users

My kids have just polished off some raspberries with a square of dark chocolate on the side as a treat.

Boiled eggs, nuts, homemade fruit/veggie leather, dried fruit, fresh fruit, cheese, salami, cold homemade meatballs, apple, berries......a combo of any of the above is a snack for my kids. They are not keen on veggies as a snack.

photocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:56 PM   #10
naturalfamily
Registered Users
seller

Here's what we do for snacks:celery sticks with almond butter and a few raisins; 10 nuts piece of fruit and glass of water; veggies and dip; popcorn with coconut oil and sea salt; smoothie with fruit and nuts
naturalfamily is offline   Reply With Quote