Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-22-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
dancingingrace
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question about Amazon and refunds

I sold a textbook on Amazon, and today I received a refund/return request, and the reason given was "Different from website description". I knew I had sent the same exact book that was described, the condition was very accurately described, etc, so I contacted the buyer to see how she felt it was different. She e-mailed back, saying, "The description confused me. I thought I would be receiving the textbook along with the lab manual." The listing (which I did not write, there was already a listing for the same book I was selling) clearly stated that it was the lab manual with cd, it did NOT say that a textbook was included at all. Am I required to accept the return and issue a refund since the mistake was on her part? I've sold a lot of books on Amazon, but I've never dealt with any returns or refunds.

Advertisement

dancingingrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:56 PM   #2
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Read over the description that was used again* just in case* because even if you did not write it, you allowed it to be put with your listing. If all is well, i would not accept a return. The purpose of not as described is not for not what is expected. She should have read better, and asked questions if she was not sure.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:40 AM   #3
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Question about Amazon and refunds

if your listing said that it was only the lab manual/cd then no i dont think you are required to accept a return because the buyer didnt properly read the description
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
dancingingrace
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Question about Amazon and refunds

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenmonkeysmommy1 View Post
Read over the description that was used again* just in case* because even if you did not write it, you allowed it to be put with your listing. If all is well, i would not accept a return. The purpose of not as described is not for not what is expected. She should have read better, and asked questions if she was not sure.
Yeah, I did read over the description because I thought the same thing as you...maybe somewhere it was misleading. Everything was correct, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_run_with_scissors View Post
if your listing said that it was only the lab manual/cd then no i dont think you are required to accept a return because the buyer didnt properly read the description
Agreed....I just didn't know if you are required to accept returns or not. Thanks so much for both of your input!
dancingingrace is offline   Reply With Quote