Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #1
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Single pregnancies vs multiple pregnancies

How did your single pregnancies differ from your multiple pregnancies?

Advertisement

daisy0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
Amanda+2
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Single pregnancies vs multiple pregnancies

I wasn't anywhere near as hungry with my single baby. With the twins i would have eaten my arm off at any given time of the day. Also I was never as tired, I had to nap nearly every 2 hours with the twins.

Physically I think having the twins ruined me as I struggled to carry DS to term.
Amanda+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #3
Twoandtwins
Registered Users

Now that I'm pergola with twins, I realize how easy my single pregnancies were! I'm 22 weeks and have been on bed rest for 3weeks already...and will probably be here for the long haul. I was also SOOO much more nauseous this time!
Twoandtwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #4
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hungrier than I every have been. Cold in the middle of summer in 90+ weather. Tired as all get out. Bed rest from 29 weeks until 36 &3 when they decided to come anyway. I was never sick with either pregnancy. I gained less weight with my twins though. 25 total pounds with them, and lost 35 lbs with in two weeks. Regular birth vs. Cs.
thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #5
bradcher
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

way less ultrasounds! my single was first followed by the twins. I didn't swell with the single, carried to 41 weeks. Twins were emergency cseaction at 33 weeks - low fluid. they were pretty similar but I was more tired with the twins - but also chasing a 14 - 20 month old around!
Old 01-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #6
Mrsfroberg
Registered Users

The only difference I really noticed was the extreme exhaustion and insane hunger. I was ALWAYS eating. I didn't have morning sickness with any pregnancies, so I was shocked when they said there were 2- I always thought morning sickness was worse with multiples!

Alli: loving wife to my geeky Air Force Computer Engineer , Brandon
Mommy to: Audrey (2.10.07), William (2.16.09), and Eloise (8.10.10)
Maxwell & Charlotte (3.13.2012)

Mrsfroberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #7
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm not done with my twin pregnancy yet, but the exhaustion is something else. I can barely do anything! The first trimester I slept no less than 12 hours a day, and more if I could. I wish I was experiencing the hunger because it's a huge chore to eat. I am just not hungry, especially for protein I feel like I skipped the second trimester entirely, and I just now hit 27 weeks. The exhaustion is my biggest thing, and not being able to do everything I think I should, or was able to with my singles. I can't think I have ever been more tired in my life (but that may change with 2 babies to take care of!) My morning sickness is always bad, and not really different this time
Old 01-21-2013, 07:04 AM   #8
geez0pete
Registered Users
Formerly: sm***ff

My Mood:

The two main differences are that I developed symphysis pubic dysfuntion (SPD), which is where the ligaments surrounding the pelvis are too relaxed and don't hold the pelvis stably. Lots of pain! Sometime in my third trimester I also developed PUPPP rash, a horribly itchy pregnancy rash that lasted until after the twins were born and required antibiotics and steroids to finally get rid of. It got so bad I was afraid I would scar (thankfully I didn't).

I had less nausea that my previous two singeltons.

I don't remember being overly hungry during the pregnancy, but toward the end (I carried to 38 weeks) it was all I could do to eat anything. I felt like there was no room for food and had little appetite. It was constant work to keep up with replacing what they were taking.

While I was nursing was when I constantly hungry. I remember going out to breakfast with my mom, ordering two breakfasts, finishing them both, and still not being full.

Last edited by geez0pete; 01-21-2013 at 07:06 AM.
geez0pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #9
bonusround
Registered Users
seller

I'm 14wks with my single and have four year old twins. With my twins, I was SOOOO sick for the first 16-18wks. I was tired all the time (but I am with this baby too). I haven't been as sick this time. I was in the hospital seven times for preterm labor with the twins (first time I was in the ER was 13wks with the twins). But everything has gone super smoothly with this baby. I'm hoping for a low key pregnancy!
bonusround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:36 PM   #10
ilovemygirl
Registered Users

My Mood:

Some things were the same. I didn't have nausea-type morning sickness with either but I had a huge loss of appetite with both. I really had to force myself to eat anything, especially in the first trimester. I also had crazy exhaustion in the first trimester with both but it let up in the second trimester with the singleton where it hasn't with the twins. I had wicked heartburn with my singleton but very little now with the twins. The sciatic and aches and pains didn't start until eight months or so with my singleton but it started at twelve weeks with the twins. Even though I've been so exhausted I haven't slept this whole pregnancy twins. I had insomnia the whole first trimester and by the time it let up the aches and pains started keeping me up.
There's also a lot more intervention and sonograms and worrying with the twins that I didn't have with my singleton.
ilovemygirl is offline   Reply With Quote