Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-22-2013, 10:55 PM   #1
alisonsjulejb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Softbums Omni vs BG 4.0- And are the Softbums OS Bamboo Pods good?

Ok, sooo I have been planning to use BG 4.0s for the next baby stuffed with Greenline bamboo/cotton terry soakers, and nothing else has tempted me or seemed to fit my desires any more than that combo UNTIL i saw some reviews on the Softbums OMNI...rats. SO, please help me make yet another decicision between these two diapers. the things that really tempt me about the OMNI are that they have the option to be AI2 OR pocket and i love that, and that there are no rise snaps and people seem to love their system on reviews, AND taht the velcro on the OMNI's is rated much better than the 4.0 velcro, oh AND that the inner is microfleece and i like the softness of microfleece a bit more than microsuede. I LOVE the 4.0s, don't get me wrong, and they are just such a tried and true diaper and i want to use them, but with ourfirst son he would develop a bit of a rash up where the PUL touched his skin in the front, and I am just wondering if I should consider doing a stash of Softbums OMNIS instead just in case our next son has the same issue...what do you ladies think?!!

Also, if i were to go with the Softbum OMNIS how are their OS Bamboo pod inserts? Do yall like them or would I like stuffing/laying in my Greenline bamboo soakers better because they are just one layer and will clean and dry easier than the 4 layer bamboo pods? I do like how the pods snap in and seem to fit perfectly in the OMNI and especially with the new pod that snaps to the rise setting they would be really easy, but they are SO expensive and i could always put a snap on my Greenline soakers with my snap press to have the option of snapping those in as well(the Greenline soakers are more like a prefold but are just one layer of bamboo double loop terry that you tri-fold and then fold down to your rise setting...so not as much folding as a flat but one more fold than a prefold but still wash up and dry as well as a flat and are really trim). OHHH i dont know!! Please help me decide!!! I LOVE the BGs and their prints and colors and everything about them and have not found any other diaper that I feel like is a better fit for me thus why I was planning on using a stash of them for our next son, but for some reason these Softbums just seem to be a better fit and tempting me...but I'm afraid to veer away from the BG!!!! I haven't bought my stash yet so i still have a chance to change my mind...

Advertisement

Last edited by alisonsjulejb; 01-23-2013 at 08:05 AM.
alisonsjulejb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:18 AM   #2
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

This post could be mine exactly!!!!

Interested to see what people say! I was thinking of getting some omni shells to use when the baby is littler (before BG 4.0 will fit) and when we are between waist or rise snaps. But there aren't a lot of softbums on the FSOT that I see.

Let us know what you decide please
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:58 AM   #3
alisonsjulejb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Softbums Omni or BG 4.0? And are the Softbums OS Bamboo Pods good?

I will definitely let you know thanks!! I just hope there are some mommas out there that can compare the two for me(for us and help
Old 01-23-2013, 06:08 AM   #4
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

I've noticed nearly as soon as softbums are mentioned on fsot hey're gone that fast. Softbums has a fb page and on their wall links to a fb group to buy sell and trade with others.

No help yet, but I did just order an echo shell and 6 of their pods to test drive.... but I like the idea of the omni, so if this goes good I might steal your green line/ omni to try too.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:10 AM   #5
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

Oh I heard that the os bamboo is going to be replaced with their bamboo super pod. So... if you're thinking about it you might want to.get a couple.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #6
alisonsjulejb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by champatlife View Post
Oh I heard that the os bamboo is going to be replaced with their bamboo super pod. So... if you're thinking about it you might want to.get a couple.
I saw that too and I actually think I would like the super pod better because it snaps to rise and would be so easy but they only come with the mini pods and are so expensive!! I just kind of like how they cover the whole butt though and fit so perfectly in the diapers. But again so expensive and I got the awesome greenline Soakers for $4/each which is soo cheap for that fabric and I love them so I would probably use those and put a snap on them so I could do AI2! Anyone have advice?
Old 01-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #7
mypeanut09
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Softbums Omni vs BG 4.0- And are the Softbums OS Bamboo Pods good?

I haven't tried the bamboo pods, but I love my Softbums! They are a bit narrower in the crotch than BG, so I think they fit a bit better too.

I love Kissed by the Moon & I'd love it if you shopped my affiliate link! Feel free to PM me with any questions!

mypeanut09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #8
mypeanut09
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I haven't tried the bamboo pods, but I love my Softbums! They are a bit narrower in the crotch than BG, so I think they fit a bit better too.

I love Kissed by the Moon & I'd love it if you shopped my affiliate link! Feel free to PM me with any questions!

mypeanut09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #9
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonsjulejb View Post
I saw that too and I actually think I would like the super pod better because it snaps to rise and would be so easy but they only come with the mini pods and are so expensive!! I just kind of like how they cover the whole butt though and fit so perfectly in the diapers. But again so expensive and I got the awesome greenline Soakers for $4/each which is soo cheap for that fabric and I love them so I would probably use those and put a snap on them so I could do AI2! Anyone have advice?
Very expensive. I ordered those, half of me hopes I don't like it because I don't want to buy more. How absorbent are the greenline soakers? (if you've used them in something else)
Old 01-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #10
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

oh I heard the best bottoms fits them Which I will verify when I get the softbums.