Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2013, 10:11 PM   #11
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntersMama

Thank you, it's nice to hear words like this My mother only had problems with me (her first) and the other 3 went fine, so here's to hoping! Prayers for you and your little one, and hopefully both of us have a safe/healthy pregnancy and L&D
Thank you! I'll definitely pray for you too!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #12
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I know labor is a longgg way off BUT..

great advice from other moms- would also like to add that in hossy they tell you to start pushing as soon as you hit 10. if you do not have an epi you will feel the urge to push which could be a while after you hit 10cm.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #13
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My first labor was similar to yours in I had an epi, it slowed my labor waaaaay down, they pumped me with pictocin which stressed out the baby, and then I pushed for 2 hours and screwed up my back because noone pointed out I was on my back and twisted. Horrible, horrible experience.
My second labor was a whopping 2 hours start to finish, unmedicated and I pushed on my side, much much much better experience. I'm looking forward to laboring with this one 2 hours isn't normal, obviously, but my transition was said to be more difficult since it hit so hard and fast and it was still worlds better than the numb and scary epi experience.
This one I'm going to try to squat and birth I think, I have this vague suspicion I'm not going to make it to the hospital (30 minutes away, but now I have 2 kids and wont be able to drive myself once they start, H works 1- 1 1/2 hours away) so I'm looking into my options.
Tris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:09 PM   #14
bulkybummom
Registered Users
seller

I'm a nurse who used to work in L&D and NICU... and I have to tell you... the best plan is no plan at all... or a very loose and flexible plan. It seems that it never fails that women who have a really long, detailed birth plan end up having the most difficult births! Some kind of Murphy's Law I guess... Good luck and try not to worry... so much of what happens is out of your control!
Old 01-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #15
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I loved having a birth plan with my second <3 it was mostly simple things, lights dim, little intervention as possible, no episectomy, don't offer pain meds, didn't want to give birth on my back ( the doctor still tried to insist that I do, and I gave him a whats for and did it on my side, my doula holding my leg ) it was mostly for my H, so if I was in transition and couldn't advocate for myself easily or something happened he could have a clue Key is keeping it realistic.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:45 PM   #16
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyshanti
great advice from other moms- would also like to add that in hossy they tell you to start pushing as soon as you hit 10. if you do not have an epi you will feel the urge to push which could be a while after you hit 10cm.
Not necessarily. I was at a 10 for over an hour before I started pushing. DS was still up really high so we waited for him to "labor down" and I barely pushed at all. I had an epi but still felt the urge to push, especially after I started pushing.

lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:54 AM   #17
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
Not necessarily. I was at a 10 for over an hour before I started pushing. DS was still up really high so we waited for him to "labor down" and I barely pushed at all. I had an epi but still felt the urge to push, especially after I started pushing.

of course should have said "the majority" of the time. sounds like you had a good doctor i know sometimes they turn down/off epi towards pushing time to try to give moms some feeling so they can do "pushing". but many women have no feeling at all. also if your legs are numb it is pretty difficcult for you to move to other positions if one is not working for you and the babe. was just putting some info out there that might help
Old 01-28-2013, 07:00 AM   #18
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

^ my first was like that. I pushed for 2 hours.