Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #21
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
after all that baking and frosting, I never got a cupcake.

Advertisement

jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #22
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Wednesday

I'm sorry Cheryl....I'm not sure how to help with that one. It's hard here too. They just act on impulse. It's a boiling rage inside them that explodes into hitting the person that made them angry.

Is there anyway she could learn steps to take when she feels like that? Like she's getting annoyed at someone and she needs to take a step away from the person for how angry she feels. The angrier she feels the further away she should end up...and so she cant hit.

Sort of like snakes and ladders. If someone is bad they are a snake so you need to step away so you dont get bitten. Maybe with some kind of reward for managing that...she gets a sticker/10 minutes wii for each day she's not hit someone...to be added up at the end of the week. Not 10 minutes a day. To encourage better behaviour over a longer time.

IDK...there has to be something that is the thing that works for her. You'd know better than me.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #23
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry Jen....Mug cake? Would that make up for the lack of cupcake?
Old 01-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #24
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have cake at home it is the yummy frosting I wont get any of. I made really good chocolate frosting but ran out on the cupcakes the small cake I made wont have any....whine....
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #25
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Bummer Jen. Homemade frosting is the best.

Yah, Janine we had given her some coping techniques and the principal has too. I gave her new ones today. The problem is he just pokes the bear all.day.long.....its like being nibbled to death by a duck. Or having a little annoying purse dog yip at you all.day.long until you snap. She tries to get away from him, he follows her. He waits until the is no teacher or no one looking and goes for the kill. Doesn't touch her but knows exactly how to push her buttons until she snaps. So today she swiped at him and caught her nails on his neck. So he's running around showing his war wounds and playing the victim to all the kids. Does not say he is also in trouble as well and goaded her into it. And since she drew blood, IDK how his parents will react. I know I'd be pissed.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #26
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Bummer Jen. Homemade frosting is the best.

Yah, Janine we had given her some coping techniques and the principal has too. I gave her new ones today. The problem is he just pokes the bear all.day.long.....its like being nibbled to death by a duck. Or having a little annoying purse dog yip at you all.day.long until you snap. She tries to get away from him, he follows her. He waits until the is no teacher or no one looking and goes for the kill. Doesn't touch her but knows exactly how to push her buttons until she snaps. So today she swiped at him and caught her nails on his neck. So he's running around showing his war wounds and playing the victim to all the kids. Does not say he is also in trouble as well and goaded her into it. And since she drew blood, IDK how his parents will react. I know I'd be pissed.
That's brutal...he's the bully. He'll have to be sorted out.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #27
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I put in for holiday this summer....2 full weeks from the 29th of July till 9th of august.

I'm trying to decide what I'll do in that time. It'll just be Fynn and me all day. The girls are going to Hungary with the ILs.

I thought about a few different things. Maybe seeing my sister in the UK...not that easy but possible, or driving to see my friend Ruth...we could sleep in the tent in her garden. She lives on a farm which would be lovely for Fynn....and it's only half an hour away from Wollmeise.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #28
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, time for bed. I have a thumping headache. From the upset this afternoon
Old 01-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #29
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yeah, he is the bully but she drew first blood. As far as I know he has never touched her person, just her stuff. Therein lies the rub. Sigh.

No baths tonight, yay! And dh is home early to help. Yay! Maybe we will have a fire tonight. And I think chocolate is definitely required after this day. maybe booze too.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:53 PM   #30
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ian's pants, which all fit the first week of december, are now 1-2 inches short. I just pulled out the size up bin, knowing full well 5t even with the adjustable waist is way too big in the waist to stay on. It was full of GN GIRLS's sweatpants I bought two winters ago on clearance from WM. Score! Girls pants are 2-4 smaller in the waist than boys. Totally forgot I bought them. Whee!