Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2013, 11:42 PM   #11
AtLeast
Registered
Formerly: rli***t
seller
seller

We're in the same boat. My DS2 turned 8 in Dec and still is not dry at night. I have heard that there needs to be a hormone present, like the pp said, but it takes longer to be produced in some kids then others. We're just going to wait it out. We do goodnights and a wool soaker or shorts over top. And invest in those crib sized waterproof pads. We don't really make it an issue, he can't help it. He will strip his bed when his diaper leaks, and remake his bed, he feels bad, but it's just not something he can control.

We have bought the big pack of depends at Costco for him before, they seem to do better for a larger bladder. Just fold the waist down. They have good coupons for those!

Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #12
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 7 Year old not dry at night, ever!

I agree with the others, my DS is 6 and wets basically every night. He wears a Goodnight and we don't make a big deal about it. His ped said he wouldn't worry about it until 8 and that a lot of kids wet the bed, people just don't talk about it.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:36 PM   #13
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was going to say I have found that Snap-ez pocket trainers work well for over nights. I stuff them with flat diapers because I can fold them as many times as I need to. I use two flats and that is enough to hold Tharen all night and he is a super heavy wetter. He peed through Good Nights almost every time and I got tired of stripping the bed. Snap-ez go all the way to adult sizes so you can buy whatever size you need. I actually bought "bar towels" from Sam's to use as flats. They are just giant pieces of cotton and work great.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:54 PM   #14
*KaiMom*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are dealing with this also with our 6 year old ds. I don't have any advice; just wanted to let you know you weren't alone in your struggles.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:04 AM   #15
willownz
Registered Users

My Mood:
My 7 year old isnt dry at night and neither is his 4.5 year old sister.
Doctors are not concerned and wont consider it a problem for another year or so.

Kiwi mum of 4 including Benjamin born still at 19 weeks on Jan 17th 2013.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:19 PM   #16
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had a few friends with kids a 5 yo, one with a 6.5 year old and one with a 9yo with this issue.
They found that it's not a pee issue, it's a poop issue. Basically if the kid is holding in their #2, their bladder is compressed and they are much more likely to wet. Chia seeds were the solutions that they found. Other laxatives may help, but avoid laxative dependence. After the child gets cleared out, they can't be holding it in on a regular basis. They need to know it's normal/healthy to go and not be embarrassed.
NewMommy6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #17
rebeccalynne15
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Getting adjusted at the chiropractor worked fr my daughter . There was a nerve in her lower back that was pinched. You get them adjusted then bring them back when /if they pee again . Mine had me et her adjusted then we didn't cme back until she peed again at night . It was 2-3 times in one week then only a couple more times after that and she has only peed to bed once in the last year . My chiropractor has a sliding scale for kids its $10 a visit til they are 10 then $11 for an 11 year old , $12 for a 12 year old ,etc .