Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
when you say goodbye to diapers

Some moms advocate having a day where you show your kid that your bagging up the dipes and saying no more diapers etc. When you do this what do you put on them at night?

Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: when you say goodbye to diapers

I have never done that . My kids night rained before they day trained. So night diapers after potty training were not an issue for us.

However my sister is having a potty party for my 2 1/2 year old niece. My sister said her dd is very into planning her celebrate potty training party. She has very specific ideas of what she wants at her party.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #3
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We went all the way at 25 months. We didn't make a big deal about putting the diapers away, we just (DH and I) decided we weren't going to put diapers on her anymore, period. She was already used to the idea of a potty since we've used one off-and-on since birth. We weren't forceful or disciplinary about it, just very matter-of-fact that she gets to go on the potty now, and praising her alot.
It took her 6 days to go 100%, and she had 2 or 3 regressions over the next couple of months where she'd wet herself for a day or two. We just switched from carrying diapers to carrying spare clothes. We put a wool piddle pad on the bed, but only needed it a few times. Almost a year ago now, and she almost never has an accident, usually if she's too distracted/excited playing somewhere new.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
strongwoman
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For about a week, while my DS2 was getting acclimated to potty training, we had him wear diapers. But, we found that he would wake up anyway because he knew he went in his diaper so we decided to night train without diapers, going commando. It was tough at first and it took time to get a rhythm going. But now, after three weeks, we wake him twice at night (once before we go to bed and another time at 2 am). He's dry during night and nap time! This is huge, since I'm still night nursing my DS3 (almost 6 months) and me and my hubby were sleep deprived. But, we are climbing out of the potty pit little by little and the work we've put in has really paid off with a more confident son Look for progress, not perfection when you are training- it really helps to keep your sanity!
strongwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #5
luvinmybaby!
Registered Users
seller

My DD was daytime potty trained at 21 months. When we decided it was time to potty train, during the day we only let her wear cotton panties. No more diapers during the day. The only exception was if we went to a store, I would put on a pull up. Even then I'd wait to go to a store after she just went. But around the house and at the park, only her cotton panties.

At night time I still put on a diaper at first, then pull-up, then when the pull-up was dry in the morning for several days just the regular cotton panties. That was probably around 2 1/2 years that she was night time potty trained. A big part of that I think is their bladder has to be big enough so the bigger they are the more likely they are able to get through the night. We always made sure she went before bedtime too.
luvinmybaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:48 AM   #6
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

We did this with DS. For the first 3 nights we put him in a BG 4.0 (we couldn't pack up all the diapers because DD is still using them). On the 4th night DS screamed for underwear instead of a diaper, so we put him in underwear and he hasn't had any accidents at all.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #7
Bhavana
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
I have never done that . My kids night rained before they day trained.
So your entire house or just their beds were rained in?
Old 02-07-2013, 07:29 AM   #8
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhavana View Post

So your entire house or just their beds were rained in?
Bahahaha lol I didn't even catch that
Old 02-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #9
forbes246
Registered Users
seller

We went cold turkey on the diapers after talking about it with my 2 year old for about a month. Accidents the first week, second week very few, and haven't had one since. Good luck.
forbes246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #10
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

COLD turkey here. My boys were night and day trained at the same time. Same ages and both were good to go within a week.