Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #111
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Why Are Most Men So Ill-Equiped To Exist?

Bummer. This was way more fun in over in Off Topic.

My DH and I don't have any deep seeded "issues." I'm just a frazzled wife and mother trying to make the best of it from day to day. There's nothing in this thread he hasn't heard from me before. For good measure, I showed him my OP and a couple of others and he just smirked a little and went on his way. I'm sorry I've "disgusted" and "annoyed" and "disturbed" so many of you perfect couples. May you never, ever ever need an outlet here or anywhere else.

I thought it would be a fun, relatable topic. And for the most part, it was. But I'm out now. You all can continue on if you'd like.

Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 07:44 PM   #112
PBAki
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmisterkitty View Post
LOL - Somebody with a good sense of humor moved this to PARENTING!
LOL I was like what's it doing here?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicteddad View Post
I could go on, and yes, I was raised by a single mom until I was 12 so I'm sure that has something to do with it, but sometimes I want to explode at the lack of general common sense and consideration exhibited by not just my DF, but other women in the workplace, etc.
I share a very similar story. I really do think childhood and what parents expectation really have an influence on how they view their role when they become parents. Sure, there are other social influence and other variables to consider but for the most part it seems pretty consistent among our friends that I would say are more dedicated (and balanced) as parents even considering their age.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #113
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmisterkitty

My DH and I don't have any deep seeded "issues." I'm just a frazzled wife and mother trying to make the best of it from day to day. There's nothing in this thread he hasn't heard from me before. For good measure, I showed him my OP and a couple of others and he just smirked a little and went on his way. I'm sorry I've "disgusted" and "annoyed" and "disturbed" so many of you perfect couples. May you never, ever ever need an outlet here or anywhere else.

I thought it would be a fun, relatable topic. And for the most part, it was. But I'm out now. You all can continue on if you'd like.
Well I for one don't feel any of those things. I can relate on a regular basis and your op really hit the spot tonight.

Thanks for the thread.
mommy24babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #114
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429 View Post
p.s.--I'd like to add to my previous posts that every time I see this thread's title come up it really disturbs me. I feel offended for men. The conversation itself has generally been more evenhanded, but I know I would want a man to stick up for me if someone were starting a thread about women with this title. And so here is me saying that the title is offensive.
I totally agree.
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:26 PM   #115
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

The general conversation itself is legit. But I'm not a fan of either gender being discussed the way the thread title presented it. Imho, the label of humor or of venting shouldn't give us free range. Mutual respect, et. al. In fact, I think our humourous pock-shots serve to perpetuate the problems we are discussing here. Just switch out the word "men" with a minority group in the title, and you might see why.

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #116
Bellaroo
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429 View Post
p.s.--I'd like to add to my previous posts that every time I see this thread's title come up it really disturbs me. I feel offended for men. The conversation itself has generally been more evenhanded, but I know I would want a man to stick up for me if someone were starting a thread about women with this title. And so here is me saying that the title is offensive.
I felt the same.

I'm in no way suggesting that my marriage is perfect or that I don't have frustrations with my DH. We've actually struggled quite a bit in our marriage (especially over the last year) and we certainly don't see eye to eye on all the household and parenting decisions. Do I wish that he would sometimes do a bit more? Sure and I'm confident he feels the same way about me in certain areas.

What I take offense to, like others have mentioned, is that the title and underlying vein of the thread is that men are incompetent. I don't want to raise my son in a society that presents men this way so I will always stand up against it.

If you want to vent about your husband, fine, vent away. We've all been there. All I'm asking is that we respect our husbands in the process.
Bellaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #117
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

You are not the only one frazzled at times. And I think it is funny that so many people would be up in arms that your a gender biased person. That is just silly. Your venting. People should be able to vent.

Here is my vent about DH http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1480977 I guess I did it with more sarcasm so nobody commented that I was being mean or degrading to my hubby.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:56 PM   #118
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:

Personally, it annoys me when people get offended for someone else over things like this. It's just as, if not more, ridden with assumptions and generalizations based on no knowledge of the individuals at all. I'm pretty sure every complaint in here has been relayed to the husbands before. And they all still seem to be married. Can't be too offended. And I've yet to meet the wife that has never once complained to someone about their husband. She doesn't exist. Or uttered a, "Men!" even. Yay hypocrisy! You can't make everyone happy, so I wouldn't even bother to worry about it.

On the actual OP though, after reading a lot of responses, I feel like this: Men would not starve and die without you. They do survive, but it may just not be how or when you like. They likely survived before you, excluding like... highschool sweethearts that married and moved in immediately. Some people are just convenience people. If they don't do it and you will, meh. Why bother. And some people want it done their way or not at all. I think those are a good bit of it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

Last edited by Hillargh; 01-23-2013 at 11:05 PM.
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:13 PM   #119
MakingHome
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh View Post
And I've yet to meet the wife that has never once complained to someone about their husband. She doesn't exist. Or uttered a, "Men!" even.

I'm sitting here racking my brain... I don't think I ever have. Honestly. Sorry to be so straight out about it, but I just don't think I have.

I try to build him up when I'm with him and build him up when we're not together. From the beginning we've worked really hard to think "we" not "me"... and so I just don't gripe about him to other people. ANY complaints I have about something would be voiced directly to him... I just don't see why I'd want to run him down in front of my friends and make them think less of him.

When friends talk badly about their husbands to me, it's almost impossible for me to forget or overlook *that* thing... it definitely colors my impressions and views... I don't want others to see my husband through a negative lens that I've colored for them to look through.

I aim to encourage Christian women at Making Home.
MakingHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:38 PM   #120
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakingHome View Post

I'm sitting here racking my brain... I don't think I ever have. Honestly. Sorry to be so straight out about it, but I just don't think I have.

I try to build him up when I'm with him and build him up when we're not together. From the beginning we've worked really hard to think "we" not "me"... and so I just don't gripe about him to other people. ANY complaints I have about something would be voiced directly to him... I just don't see why I'd want to run him down in front of my friends and make them think less of him.

When friends talk badly about their husbands to me, it's almost impossible for me to forget or overlook *that* thing... it definitely colors my impressions and views... I don't want others to see my husband through a negative lens that I've colored for them to look through.
You've never called a girlfriend upset needing to vent? Talked about how something bugged you? Ever? You don't have to "run someone down" to complain. Even something as simple as, "DH is driving me nuts, he never picks up his socks! Agh!" Are you newly weds? Lol. You'd be the first person I've ever heard of that has never confided in others about a single issue, then.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote