Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2013, 02:14 PM   #151
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodah View Post

I think most of the vents are coming from wives that have had to teach their husbands when it really should have been something learned in childhood or something they took initiative to learn on their own. I for one find it frustrating that I have felt cornered in the past.....to where I have had to teach him things. I dont want another person that I have to teach, I have four kids already! He's an adult.....figure it out yourself, just like I did!
I agree with this. I think those saying we're big old meanies for ranting when we should just teach them aren't really helping the discrimination any. Imo it speaks plenty just to say you had to teach a grown man how to use a washing machine or that mayo has to go back on the fridge after you use it.

Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #152
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why Are Most Men So Ill-Equiped To Exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamimclaugh View Post
haha just thinking of this today, my hubby can't even take the trash to the curb! We have 12 bags of trash waiting to be taken 4 feet to get dumped. They pick up twice a week too!!! Men...
Are your legs broken?
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #153
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Decals View Post

Are your legs broken?
Are his?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:31 PM   #154
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Decals View Post

Are your legs broken?
seriously?
Old 01-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #155
dncegrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
This has taken an interesting turn...by no means does it mean others should be insulted. I highly doubt all these mamas on here say these things about their husbands all the time. Like myself, we all just get frustrated sometimes. It happens.
dncegrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #156
Samandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love these threads because I can both commiserate and feel grateful while reading the posts. My mom admittedly showed favoritism to the girls while we were young. I have a lot of sexism in my brain left over from that. Even as a young teen I would hear her say things like "A man is only worth his paycheck." Or "You look like a man!" (when we couldn't find something.) Granted some things are just jokes meant to be silly playing off of sterotypes, while other things she's said can be damaging.

My DH can be lazy, but damn when something needs to be done, he is on it!

I can only imagine how my kids would grow up if he had to raise them alone though. I shudder at the thought.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #157
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM View Post
seriously?
I wouldn't have a partner who just didn't participate in the basics of maintaining our home, but there certainly comes a point where something needs to be done, so you just DO it...for me, that point is way before I get 12 bags of garbage piled up, needing to go out.

But DP & I do have a battle of wills over who is finally going to give up & bring out the bag. This is a game also called, "Just how much WILL fit in this garbage bag."
carriek38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #158
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Didn't read all the posts...but my dh is the way he is partly because of his mom and partly me. He grew up in a home where the girls waited on the men. When we married I didn't stop him. I wanted babies...and we tried for 4 years so I got depressed...stayed home and did housework.

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #159
Samandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh! I just thought of something I NEVER do. Change the toilet paper. I just don't do it. and when I do, I just set it down instead of putting it on the holder. I bet that drives my DH crazy. Also, sometimes when I'm in really bad pain (cramp, toothache, what have you) I just whine. I never think to actually get some medication to relieve my pain, I just whine.

Damn, I think I may be less equipped to exist than my DH. Shhhh, don't tell him I said that.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:26 PM   #160
BradleyMomma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM
Honey-do lists have helped us to some extent. But it's the details that kill me. He'll wash the dishes, but walk away with little puddles all over the counters.

He'll sweep the floor, but not put the broom away.

He feeds DS, but doesn't wipe off his chair when he's finished and leaves every dirty bib just sitting around somewhere.

And on and on.
This is my husband! He will do anything I ask. Anything. But it's always halfway done. Puts laundry in dryer but doesn't start another load. Loads dishwasher, doesn't turn it on. Doesn't wipe counter or table. Comes in the house throws coat on banister instead rotating 90 degrees and hanging it on the coat rack. Gives kids a bath, leaves bath toys all over the tub, towel on floor, clothes on floor.

I once did an experiment with a pair of socks he left NEXT to the laundry basket- they sat for 4 WEEKS! I'm telling you, the man would live like Sanford and Son.

All that said he really will do anything, but wow, I feel like such a nag constantly asking the same things!
BradleyMomma is offline   Reply With Quote