Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2013, 09:57 AM   #1
Joluru
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Makeup recommendation for the minimalist

I'm kind of a beauty junkie. I like makeup. I like having a variety of options, but this palette is my go-to staple in the makeup drawer and does a natural face all by itself with just a swipe of mascara.

This has all my concealers, eyebrows, contour, blush (one of two), and everyday lip balm, and is done in a color coded system with the brushes for foolproof application. I love it and have been using it for years. It's a bit pricy, but buying a drugstore version of each product would easily add up to more than the cost of the palette, and you can replace each little pot of makeup individually when you run out.

This comes with a DVD for applying it, and even though I've been a makeup junkie for years, I found it very helpful. It would be great for someone who doesn't have much makeup experience to learn how to apply it well. The palette also has a little "cheat sheet" included, and you go in the order of the rainbow to make it easy to remember.

I like the set up so much but personalized mine, since the spot concealers aren't my favorite and I only use two of them. I replaced the other two with a highlight powder and eyebrow wax, and I like Bobbi Brown's concealer and corrector more than the spot correcters included, so I put those concealers in the concealer pots. Bobbi Browns are a little wetter but they don't leak. I also put my own tinted lip balm in the lip balm section. (I used the included lip balm as the eyebrow wax!)

This is main the staple of my makeup bag, especially after personalizing it with my own favorite products! I add mascara and feel like I'm put together, and get compliments on looking "fresh" and just looking nice without it being specific to makeup when I wear it.

(I'm not connected to the company. I just really like the palette and feel like it's a good all-in-one minimalist product for those who want a little makeup without a busy makeup drawer.)

Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 04:41 PM   #2
Grant'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Makeup recommendation for the minimalist

I use the UNII palette. I love it! I have 2, one for eyes and one for face. I keep both in a thirty one mini pouch with my sonya kashuk double sided brush set and one thing of eyeliner and mascara. When I travel i throw in my flat iron and jr liggits soap bar and im good to go!
http://pinterest.com/ameliabuhs/minimalist-lifestyle/
Old 01-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #3
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

You can't post that and not include face shots! I really really suck at makeup.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:54 PM   #4
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Maybe I missed it... What company is this from? Is it mineral makeup? I'm intrigued.
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:04 AM   #5
PoshPants
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightblonde View Post
You can't post that and not include face shots! I really really suck at makeup.
creativelive.com did a workshop on makeup, was first for photographers but heaps of women wanted it, they did it and it's amazing even for make up junkies

I like Trish cause you can put stuff in a compact, of course I have products from other places too. But not heaps
Old 01-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #6
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

That is a really great idea...but honestly I would never use that. Looking at the diagram I just laughed at imagining trying to apply something like that with my kids running through thr bathroom lol. I just stick to a dab of concealer, quick once over with mineral makeup, mascara and tinted lip balm. If I am going somewhere fancy usually some eyeliner too. I have a little pot of cream blush and cream eyeshadow in a sparkly champagne color that I can use for fun but hardly use them. My makeup fits in one tiny bag and yes I do wear it daily because I feel like I deserve it. I don't spend more than 5 minutes on putting on makeup and a quick once over with the flat iron on my hair. Contouring my face is just not going to happen in this busy household.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:40 AM   #7
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernHollow View Post
That is a really great idea...but honestly I would never use that. Looking at the diagram I just laughed at imagining trying to apply something like that with my kids running through thr bathroom lol. I just stick to a dab of concealer, quick once over with mineral makeup, mascara and tinted lip balm. If I am going somewhere fancy usually some eyeliner too. I have a little pot of cream blush and cream eyeshadow in a sparkly champagne color that I can use for fun but hardly use them. My makeup fits in one tiny bag and yes I do wear it daily because I feel like I deserve it. I don't spend more than 5 minutes on putting on makeup and a quick once over with the flat iron on my hair. Contouring my face is just not going to happen in this busy household.
Realistically this is more my speed too I wish I could find a natural concealer I like, right now I'm doing mascara and lip balm, my skin is cracking it's so dry, so no foundation/powder for me :/ but I could really use some concealer for my racoon eyes, lol!
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:33 PM   #8
Joluru
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernHollow View Post
This seriously takes me under 5 minutes, and we have one bedroom and 5 people so yeah, it's crazy here too!

pg - it's Lauren Hutton Face Disc. I guess I didn't share the name - thought I did!

I like the Unii idea, too!