Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #11
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Newborn stash planning anyone?

I have a feeling I'm gonna overdue it with newborn dipes. LOL! Because our babies will be born in the summer, we can show off the cute dipes, and I would like to get some cute fluff and some t-shirts or dresses (depending on sex of baby) to go with the dipes.

Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 08:44 PM   #12
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp529 View Post
I can't really even think of my dipes since I have this move first. But I currently use gmd workhorse- which I LOVE, and motherboard fitters with wool covers. I also have some fb's and greenbees pockets. I have small bamboo motherease Sandies which I also love. Just not sure yet what I will need or buy. But I do want some more wool.
I tried wool with ds and found it not to be for me. While I love the look I hated prefolds and the price. I really only got the wool to try prefolds then tried them with goodmamas then gave up LOL.
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:51 PM   #13
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i have mostly fitted- kissaluvs, pnp, and a few aio for daddy.... I have about 18 so will attempt to obtain a more. I have been buying a few here and there since we have been trying the past three years so that has helped. I have a few wool covers as well.

I bought the cutest brand new pink woolie bottom wool diaper cover at a consignment brand new for super cheap... so if it's a girl it will be so cute!!!! haha I normally don't buy too many pink diapers, even though DD was a girl we didn't cloth diaper till she was like 9 months old and i wanted to reuse but it was so cute and cheap I couldn't resist.
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #14
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

what are your thoughts on the newborn simplex??? i was stalking some of the other dd threads and all the mommas seem to have on or two... whats up with that? are they that great?
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #15
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by missydawn View Post
I tried wool with ds and found it not to be for me. While I love the look I hated prefolds and the price. I really only got the wool to try prefolds then tried them with goodmamas then gave up LOL.
dd wears aios under her wool
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #16
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think we will do flats and I will make some fitted's and nb covers. I am hoping to get a few dipes from my cousin too. I've got tons of small/med diapers already.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #17
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalakiwi7 View Post
what are your thoughts on the newborn simplex??? i was stalking some of the other dd threads and all the mommas seem to have on or two... whats up with that? are they that great?
I think they're that great, and I'll be buying more newborns at some point. I'm assuming that this baby will be 9-10 pounds like my other two, it's really nice to find a newborn diaper that lasts more than two weeks on bigger babies. I think Simplex fit DD for 10 weeks or so? Love, love, love that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
dd wears aios under her wool
Nothing wrong with that.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #18
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Im not a fan of AIO, they seemed to take forever to dry and were always stinky. Maybe I didn't wash well for AIOs though since we only had a couple? My fav is the one size pocket dipes, since they will fit newborn through toddler, and then I buy micro terry cloths from Sams club and fold them up to stuff them. Since they unfold to wash they get really clean every time. Unlike, for me anyway, the doublers/inserts.

I wasnt thinking about diapers yet but kinda stumbled into the co-op section here today and saw there is a co-op for one size pockets! They are so super cheap, like $2.50 to $6 per diaper! So I might go ahead and order a beginning stash
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:59 PM   #19
Miss_Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm making the beans first diapers, but I plan to buy as soon as we know gender

Miss_Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #20
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I really like the look (and price!) of those GMD workhorses, what cover do you recommend? And do you still wash it with the tar poop or do you use sposies til thats done? And how many a day you think? And can you CD with a high efficiency TL?
Tris is offline   Reply With Quote