Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2013, 10:04 AM   #21
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris
I really like the look (and price!) of those GMD workhorses, what cover do you recommend? And do you still wash it with the tar poop or do you use sposies til thats done? And how many a day you think? And can you CD with a high efficiency TL?
I don't know anything about the Workhorses. But everyone swears that the meconium comes right out of the diapers. We used sposies in the hospital and used the rest of the pack once we got home. We will use sposies at the hospital again. I love my HE TL for our CDs; it has been awesome!! I do use the extra water feature, though, so it isn't exactly HE with my diaper loads. That's okay though :-)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #22
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalakiwi7
what are your thoughts on the newborn simplex??? i was stalking some of the other dd threads and all the mommas seem to have on or two... whats up with that? are they that great?
I have heard nothing but raves. I adore our other Swaddlebees and Blueberry products, so I bought some on seconds and picked up a few more before the price increase. So far, my stash consists of the following:

11 Swaddlebees Simplex nb
24 DR nb PFs
3 xs Proraps
2 Thirsties xs
1 size 1 Swaddlebees Capri
I also bought 2 Blueberry mini Coveralls on Babysteals last night.
I also have 36 small flats that we can use if we need to, but I don't like folding flats and DS was a super-pooper, so I don't plan on using these until baby is older.

I will probably pick up another 2-4 size 1 Capris after we know the sex. We won't need them at first but it took forever for DS to fit in his OS covers. So, we struggled with no covers working after he outgrew his nb ones until he was about 5-6 months old. I'm hopeful the Capris will bridge that gap. DS is still in his OS diapers but we have plenty. Basically, we should be pretty well set on diapers from birth to potty training, less the Capris. I will also probably sell a few and replace with some pink ones if this one is a girl ;-)

Old 01-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #23
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

We cded from day 1 with both of them and the poop came right out.

threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #24
craigwick
Registered Users
seller

Re: Newborn stash planning anyone?

I've got my stash mostly done now...just waiting for some stuff to come in the mail, but coming from US to Canada is so slow!

I have 13 Motherease Sandy's XS, 12 GMD workhorses, 10 NB covers of various brands, 2NB Kissaluvs Aios and 12 NB Imagine Aios on the way (AIO's for DH mostly!). so I have 39 and when we find out the gender I'm going to get something special to round out to stash to 40, just not sure what yet!! Something cute for pics I'm thinking.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #25
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What were they thinking with the name Simplex??? I can't be the only one whose mind goes straight to medical terminology...

Thats good to know about meconium! I think I'm going to try prefolds and flats, with a few covers I wish I could dye prowraps! I want the pretty rainbow for the price of a cloud
Tris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #26
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
I don't know anything about the Workhorses. But everyone swears that the meconium comes right out of the diapers. We used sposies in the hospital and used the rest of the pack once we got home. We will use sposies at the hospital again. I love my HE TL for our CDs; it has been awesome!! I do use the extra water feature, though, so it isn't exactly HE with my diaper loads. That's okay though :-)

I've always done this same thing...just easier on me to use the sposies until after we get home and settled in a bit. I have never wanted to get home from the hossy and immediately have to do diaper laundry.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #27
mvp529
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris
What were they thinking with the name Simplex??? I can't be the only one whose mind goes straight to medical terminology...

Thats good to know about meconium! I think I'm going to try prefolds and flats, with a few covers I wish I could dye prowraps! I want the pretty rainbow for the price of a cloud
ROFL! The ol' herpes. No thx I will pass. Lol
Old 01-26-2013, 01:15 PM   #28
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621

I've always done this same thing...just easier on me to use the sposies until after we get home and settled in a bit. I have never wanted to get home from the hossy and immediately have to do diaper laundry.
Agreed! We had so much crap to haul home as it was. But I know many mamas love to CD right away too.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #29
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post

No, I've thought that too.

Meconium always washed off more easily than breast milk poop for us.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:51 PM   #30
rockrmommy
Registered Users

I've started buying my nb stash. But going to be selling off the girlie prints because 1) I'm not a fan of girlie and 2) I'm pretty sure it's a boy. I'm getting the grovia AIOs. Started late with my first so hopefully I can start early this time.
rockrmommy is offline   Reply With Quote