Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
mrsbesky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DTaP vaccine ???

Did you get it? and When did you get it?

Im almost 37 weeks, I refused it at 20 weeks, but have been reconsidering. If its a good vaccine to get, would it be better to get it before or after baby is born?

I know pertussis and whooping cough have been getting more commonly heard of in the last few years, but I don't realy know much about the vaccine.
Several years ago I was told that to get a tetnus shot while pregnant was a bad idea... now they say its ok. Which is it? Because all they will offer at my dr's office or hospital is the all in one package. I don't even know what all is in it, and no one can tell me if it contains egg like the flu shot or not.

I didnt get to see my midwife at my last appointment, so I didn't get to get "real" information. I had to see a Dr. that just spouts of the stuff hes supposed to say without real opinions.

(small rant on dumb dr....)
Btw the Dr. I had to see I wouldn't trust with my life, well alone my babies. If he shows up in the delivery room he will be asked to leave and DH can deliver the baby.
he was going over all the, what can happen to you at the hospital stuff, getting permision to "do what is necessary" stuff.... He get to the part on C-sections and says by signing here I give permission for a c-section in the even Im not able to deliver..."DOWN THERE". His exact words, not deliver vaganaly, but "down there"... and I'm supposed to trust you to deliver this baby? I think not.

Advertisement

"The Lord is good a stronghold in the day of trouble and He knoweth them that trust in him" Nahum 1:7 Married to a wonderful man and mom of 4 princess angels: A(9) and K(6) (TJ my angel with Jesus ) and C(1)
mrsbesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #2
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
I believe I got my shot after DD was born. I know I got the whooping cough one, it was prolly the whole thing.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #3
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: DTaP vaccine ???

Pertussis vaccine is not very effective, something like 90% of all whooping cough cases are fully vaxed. I also would never get a vaccine while pregnant - let alone a combo. All of those chemical adjuvants and heavy metal toxins/preservatives are going to your developing baby. Not safe.
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #4
babyfever2012
Registered Users
seller
seller

I declined everything while pregnant and didn't give my DS a vaccine until he was 6 months old. His first vaccine was the Dtap at 6 months.

Please see my ISO & IHA.

Please visit my Ebay.
babyfever2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Decals View Post
Pertussis vaccine is not very effective, something like 90% of all whooping cough cases are fully vaxed. I also would never get a vaccine while pregnant - let alone a combo. All of those chemical adjuvants and heavy metal toxins/preservatives are going to your developing baby. Not safe.
agree totally with this. It's not a very effective vaccine to begin with, and "cocooning" by giving all of the caregivers vaccinations has been proven to be ineffective in preventing transmission to babies.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #6
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #7
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I plan on getting it after delivery. We are a vaxing family and everyone is up to date. I am very cautious during pregnancy, but my OB said I could get in the hospital after delivery, so I will do that. I need a booster anyway for the tetanus part of it.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #8
mrsbesky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Thats what I thought. You dont happen to know of a web site or something that says that do you? I hate when Dr's assume I'm dumb, and love informing them of what statistics are.
I've done it before on other things, so it wouldn't be the first time I argued back about doing things "their way". Last time I printed off all the information and handed to the dr. lol
"The Lord is good a stronghold in the day of trouble and He knoweth them that trust in him" Nahum 1:7 Married to a wonderful man and mom of 4 princess angels: A(9) and K(6) (TJ my angel with Jesus ) and C(1)
mrsbesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #9
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I do know that recent research is showing the immunity wears off faster than they thought, so those children who had the full series may need more recent boosters than what has been previously recommended. But I haven't seen anywhere this statistic about 90% of cases being vaxed, so would love to see that info, too.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:23 AM   #10
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfever2012 View Post
I declined everything while pregnant and didn't give my DS a vaccine until he was 6 months old. His first vaccine was the Dtap at 6 months.
Tris is offline   Reply With Quote