Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #11
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Dilating but NOT in labor???

Yep, with DD#1 I was a "tight 3cm" from 37 or 38 weeks and was induced at 41 weeks, 1 day (from their calculations) when I was admitted I was still at the 3 cms... with DD#2 I was 3 cms on my due date and my mw was able to stretch me to 5 cm and I didn't go into labor until the next morning.... so far I can tell I'm 3 cms again but have been lacking the labor contractions (I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow) and don't plan on letting OB check me until I'm 40 weeks (like with DD#2). I just have a bunch of BH and baby is already low so with that pressure it helps I like knowing that when I do go into labor it'll be the real deal and I won't have to question if I was dilated at all.

Advertisement

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #12
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I'm 37 to start of 38 week and was 4 cm and 30%......
Old 01-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #13
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My bff walked around at 4cm for weeks before her first was born.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:36 PM   #14
babyike2011
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Well still contracting, they're just irregular. I have tons of snotty discharge(tmi). I have never been so tired or extremely crabby in my life! My recliner makes me contract so I'm staying in it until she comes, LOL!!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:13 PM   #15
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD crashing but my BFF was dilated to a 7cm with her second and wasn't in labor... she didn't have a single contraction! She went home had sex, laid on her side and finally decided to just have her water broke (at 40weeks) because she delivers quickly and 27 minutes later out came a baby. So she went from not being in labor at all but dilated to a 7cm to having a baby a half an hour later.

I had contractions every night for a week for several hours a night that would go away in the morning and then trickle all through out the day... i was having at least 5 contractions an hour for more than three days but my cervix wouldn't budge (and they were not BH)- finally they gave me some cervadil (I was 41.5 weeks) and bam my contractions went to every three mins and my cervix dilated but it is exhausting to have what I called "pre-labor" and get no where seemingly. Your body is doing it's job... just making it hard for you. All labors are so very different. Hopefully things speed up if that is what you want.
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #16
karlitacat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You can start dilating before you're in active labor, which is my understanding. I was 3-4 cm at around 36 weeks last pregnancy. I'm almost 36wks now and not dilated at all - a bit disappointed!
Preggers with baby #4!

Follow me & my crazy thoughts on Wordpress
karlitacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #17
Mumaluvnz
Registered Users

They don't even check you here in New Zealand unless your in labour. Ad induction doesn't happen unless there is a problem and baby does or mum is not doing well. You are left until between 10 and 14 days overdue until you are induced. It's been interesting reading alot of the info on here
Old 01-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #18
PinkInk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

does not sound lie prodromal labor, it's very normal to dilate before even being in prelabor. Women walk around at a 3 or a 4 or even more with no signs of labor at all! It's a blessing, take it I'm shocked they even sent you to L&D, they should have been able to tell you what I just did.

Birth Boot Camp Certified Childbirth Educator training couples in natural childbirth.

I blog at In Pink Ink
PinkInk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #19
babyike2011
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm at risk for a preemie, since I have had one before. I'm 36 weeks today and have slowly progressed to 5cm. I have contractions that are very strong and then some that are light but they never stop. They'll give me a week and then break my water, this is the only way any of my labors have progressed. It would be alright if I dilated without knowing, but trust me I am feeling it
Old 01-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #20
PinkInk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ok, that's prodromal... that's hard, I'm sure you would progress if you waited, prodromal labor can go on for some time and then labor starts when baby is ready... but I understand wanting to induce. It can be draining, just as long as you are aware of the risks.

Birth Boot Camp Certified Childbirth Educator training couples in natural childbirth.

I blog at In Pink Ink
PinkInk is offline   Reply With Quote