Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2013, 12:34 AM   #21
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My craft storage is awesome. I have huge cupboards in my laundry room that I shove everything into. I stated with the smallest cupboard, then I started displacing towels. Now that ie taken over the bulk of the cupboards, I think its time to reorganize. I can't ever find anything. Of course, that's not including the tote bin of notions, and two Sterilite drawer unit things full of fabric in my bedroom. Sigh. Someday!

Advertisement

Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:01 PM   #22
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Show me how you organize? **Organization challenge**

Quote:
Originally Posted by MothyrGrimm View Post
Awww it's craft stuff! No one will hoarders but they would call you lucky. Lol you can never have too much craft stuff.
I think I might be on the verge of too much ...

2 book cases (those are bags of uncarded wool on top). Mostly cotton knits and flannel fabric. Some of my notions, stabalizer, books, etc.

2 more with mostly cotton wovens. (Batting up top)

All fabric is folded with the 6" ruler method if I could. I have more fabric than the local quilt shop! I also have yarn, totes of more fabric(fleece, vintage polyester, or stuff I wasn't sure where to put it) , blanket bags of more fabric, partially carded wool and roving for spinning, and lots more crafty stuff. (like 4 sewing machines... treadle from 1905, 1961 kenmore, modern crappy singer and another from the 60's that needs work...plus my serger) And no... I'm not a WAHM!
(I took the photos of the shelves in December.)

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #23
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm so jealous! Your machines sons awesome too!!!!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #24
3boys_mom
Registered Users

I tried organizing my area for the Dec use your stash game. It's now back to a mess. I knew it wouldn't last long. :shrug :
Old 01-27-2013, 07:02 PM   #25
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boys_mom View Post
I tried organizing my area for the Dec use your stash game. It's now back to a mess. I knew it wouldn't last long. :shrug :
Mine doesn't last long either so I'm hoping to redo my stash in a way I won't have to try to keep it clean.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:09 AM   #26
TheCoach'sWife
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am jealous... One day I will be organized. Maybe when the kids go off to college???
I just got semi organized and got a shipment of fabric in for some hospital curtains I have to make and its right back to a hot mess.
TheCoach'sWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #27
lil'mommakaye
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia

2 book cases (those are bags of uncarded wool on top). Mostly cotton knits and flannel fabric. Some of my notions, stabalizer, books, etc.

All fabric is folded with the 6" ruler method if I could. I have more fabric than the local quilt shop! I also have yarn, totes of more fabric(fleece, vintage polyester, or stuff I wasn't sure where to put it) , blanket bags of more fabric, partially carded wool and roving for spinning, and lots more crafty stuff. (like 4 sewing machines... treadle from 1905, 1961 kenmore, modern crappy singer and another from the 60's that needs work...plus my serger) And no... I'm not a WAHM!
Ahhhhhhmazing!

Here's my crafty closet. I just got it all organized a few weeks ago.
I got rid of my sewing stuff, not too much of a need to make dipes anymore sadly, SO SO so sad..... I just use my machine for hemming my clothes now.
So this is all pretty much jewelry making items and wire wrapping stuff.
I also keep my wrapping paper and gift supplies in here.

Krystal
Momma to 99, 07 & Stella Grace 10/28/10
~My Star In Heaven~

Last edited by lil'mommakaye; 02-28-2013 at 07:43 AM.
lil'mommakaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #28
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post

and I want to go shopping at your house!
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:17 AM   #29
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Totally proofed here, sorry! Been trying to plan for my bday on Wednesday.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #30
mtate
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our move to this new house was crazy and I'm trying still to unpack random boxes that DH threw all over to get out of the way. Too much stuff got thrown into my office and except for my fabric put neatly away, the rest of the room and closet looks like the craft fairy exploded. I have household paperwork everywhere that I'm trying to find time to organize, and I just finally found the hardware to put my poor desk chair back together so I could use my sewing machine without foul language lol. But I promise to share when I have a moment to take pictures, even though they will likely be of the current disaster area that should be my sewing room!

mtate is offline   Reply With Quote