Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
RN83
Registered Users

My Mood:
New here!

Hi Ladies,

I'm new around here and just wanted to say hello. I have yet to find a good group of mamas to connect with who are going through fostercare/adoption, so I'm happy to find this site!

DH and I have been going trough fertility treatment for 2 years now, including 2 IVF cycles. We have decided to continue to pursue treatment, but also go for a fostercare/adoptive placement. DH is a social worker for child protective services, so we will feel very strongly about giving children a good home.

I found this site because I finally convince DH to use cloth diapers, which is a huge success! We're starting to build our stash, so here I am. We currently have all of our paperwork in to the state, and are now just waiting for our homestudy.

Hello again to everyone, and I look forward to hearing your stories!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum[/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

RN83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #2
Beth.
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: New here!

Welcome!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #3
Kimmyann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

HI..welcome to the group.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #4
looking8186
Registered Users
seller
seller

Welcome!!!! I noticed that you are also in MA I'm in the final stage of licensing just awaiting the last push through the approval process. I would love to connect with you if you'd like! I wonder if we're going through the same office. It's a small world. Feel free to pm me if you'd like.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:53 AM   #5
RN83
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking8186
Welcome!!!! I noticed that you are also in MA I'm in the final stage of licensing just awaiting the last push through the approval process. I would love to connect with you if you'd like! I wonder if we're going through the same office. It's a small world. Feel free to pm me if you'd like.
Hi! Where in MA are you? We're in the western part of the state, near Amherst and Northampton. Are you doing foster care or foster/adoption? Are you going through DCF or an agency?

Old 01-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #6
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Welcome
Old 01-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #7
looking8186
Registered Users
seller
seller

We are in Middlesex County. We live Aprox 2ish hours from Amherst :-). It's pretty busy out here as far as foster care goes. When I fostered with my mom we were through the Framingham DCF office but now I go through a different DCF office which is apparently MUCH busier. I am straight foster care with no intent to adopt unless it's just impossible to say no mostly due to the financial aspect not that I don't want to adopt. We are just waiting on my very very stubborn second set of fingerprints to come back and then we're set to go! Exciting and scary all at once!
Old 01-25-2013, 10:23 AM   #8
RN83
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking8186
We are in Middlesex County. We live Aprox 2ish hours from Amherst :-). It's pretty busy out here as far as foster care goes. When I fostered with my mom we were through the Framingham DCF office but now I go through a different DCF office which is apparently MUCH busier. I am straight foster care with no intent to adopt unless it's just impossible to say no mostly due to the financial aspect not that I don't want to adopt. We are just waiting on my very very stubborn second set of fingerprints to come back and then we're set to go! Exciting and scary all at once!
It's great you're doing straight foster! Do you have any other kids at home? What was your wait time with the homestudy? We are working with an agency (since DH is a DCF worker, so we can't have any conflict of interest), so I was hoping that our process would be a but smoother and faster, but so far, no luck! We have been waiting for over 2 weeks just to get assigned a social worker and get our homestudy started. It's so frustrating!

Old 01-26-2013, 11:00 PM   #9
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thats crazy we were licensed start to finish in three months!
Old 01-27-2013, 07:16 AM   #10
RN83
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13
Thats crazy we were licensed start to finish in three months!
We finally just heard about our assigned family resource worker. Yay! Hoping to hear from her soon so we can get this show on the road! In the meantime, we have just started a bathroom remodel as a distraction. Haha.