Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #11
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

We did the same thing in our kitchen, then it went so fast and we were remodeling in the middle of our first placement. And the inspections for that matter! Truthfulky we still haven't finished the paint and trim and that was 6 months ago lol

Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 07:45 PM   #12
RN83
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13
We did the same thing in our kitchen, then it went so fast and we were remodeling in the middle of our first placement. And the inspections for that matter! Truthfulky we still haven't finished the paint and trim and that was 6 months ago lol
Haha. I hope that ours goes so quickly!! The floor gets ripped out next weekend so we'll see. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
RN83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #13
looking8186
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: New here!

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you!... Things have been busy around here
To answer your questions....
Quote:
Originally Posted by RN83 View Post
It's great you're doing straight foster! Do you have any other kids at home? I have a dd who is turning 4 in May. She is actually really excited to foster.. We'll see how that goes. I'm sure there will be some jealousy issues but she's old enough to understand whats going on so I think it will be a good experience for her. What was your wait time with the homestudy? I called this past summer about licensing (July maybe?) and attended the orientation... I started MAPP classes, the first available, in September and finished up at the end of November. During the classes my family resource worker did our homestudy (most of the ppl n the class had to wait to do the homestudy until they completed the class) Due to the holidays and paperwork issues (not receiving reference letters, they got lost in the office) it took a while. I received a call January 24th that I was officially licensed... I have not received a placement call yet though.. Now we just wait! We are working with an agency (since DH is a DCF worker, so we can't have any conflict of interest), so I was hoping that our process would be a but smoother and faster, but so far, no luck! We have been waiting for over 2 weeks just to get assigned a social worker and get our homestudy started. It's so frustrating!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I'm not sure how it is working with a private agency but DCF can definitely be frustrating... We're going through a DCF office that apparently has the highest caseload in all of MA.. (I could pm you more info but don't want it public on here) so the wait times and paperwork/red tape hang-ups can be a huge pain in the bum! I hope they get yours going ASAP.. Waiting is tough. Do you guys have to take MAPP classes?

Last edited by looking8186; 02-04-2013 at 04:59 PM.
looking8186 is offline   Reply With Quote