Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2013, 02:07 AM   #1
apboyles
Registered Users

My Mood:
Name change? - UPDATE

Has anyone decided at the last minute to change their name? DH and I have had a name picked out from the first day we found out I was pregnant and I just don't like it anymore. It's not that its a bad name I just don't like it as much as others. I know DH won't really really mind if I put up a fuss but I feel like such an idiot now. I'm thinking of maybe putting two names he likes in a hat and two names I like (that we both can agree we can live with) and letting DS draw a name so that we don't actually have decide.
Anyone else decided they don't like their name?

UPDATE:
Well we've decided and I'm so much happier with this name. Not that I didn't love Quinn when we chose it but this one just resonates with me better, if you know what I mean. Anyways, since we are not telling people this name, in order to avoid getting grief, I'm telling you all.

This little girly is now named Josalin Paige. Haven't quite decided on the spelling of Josalin yet. But she will be called Josey. I kind of just wanted to do Josey but didn't feel that would fit her when she's a 20-something professional so we are giving her a name that she can use then. I'm really in love with it. Strangely enough, this is a name that DH suggested for a boy back when we found out we were pregnant (some old western movie had a main character named it. I vetoed it for a boy.)

Advertisement

Last edited by apboyles; 01-29-2013 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Updated
apboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:52 AM   #2
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
That happened when I was pg with DS. We were even calling him by name until I decided I didn't like it so much any more (sometime after 30w). When he was born we decided between that name and his current name but it took us a few hours to do so.
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:25 AM   #3
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

I ended up sticking with it, but in the hospital I had some doubts about ds2's name. I drug my feet on turning in the paperwork. I actually wanted to move on to our next name choice (which we are using for this baby). Hubby was insistent, so we stuck to the plan. I don't regret it, but I sometimes joke that I will call him by his first name (we always intended to use his middle name, but hubby wanted the initials in a certain order).

I think, for me, it was less that I didn't like the name and more "if we don't have anymore boys, would I rather use the other name we've picked." And Carter had gotten really popular since we picked it over a decade ago.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:30 AM   #4
greenmama52
Registered Users
seller

Re: Name change?

We have to change our name if we have a boy. We were going to use Owen, but Dh's cousin had a baby last week, and that is what they named him. We hadn't told anyone our name choices, so they didn't steal it, but I still really liked it, and I don't want the two kids having the same name. Maybe we'll have a girl!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #5
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

After my shower I had doubts. We played a "name game" where everyone guessed what I would name the baby...some of the guesses were too good I talked poor hubby's ears off the whole way home giving other suggestions but by the time we arrived home we both agreed that we picked our name for a reason and to stick with it!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:09 AM   #6
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm hooked on Emersyn for this baby and 100% sure it won't change... but we have definitely changed our mind last minute with a few of our babies, lol. In fact, we did this with all 3 of our boys... haha.

DS1 was Laithen until he was born, then we changed it to Preston.
DS 2 was Kyler, then we changed it to Kyson when he was born.
DS 3 was Jaxon, then we changed it to Gavin when he was born.

Apparently we're indecisive with boys because we've never changed our girls names after deciding on them, lol.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #7
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DH decided on this little one's name months ago....and recently decided he didnt like it lol! Better yet, he has asked me to choose the name lol! Ill probably go with what he decided or ask you Mamas for some help in the coming weeks :-)
Old 01-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #8
va703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Naming babies is hard. Period.

We don't usually pick a name until LO is actually born...partly because we're indecisive, and partly because we're lazy. I can see us changing our mind over and over again, or arguing about it, and that would just get crazy. So we wait. It drives everybody else nuts, but it works for us.

Happy mama to my 4 handsome boys
va703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #9
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

i'm 100% that her first name is aurelia and that won't be changing but lately i've been debating if i want her middle name to be piper or emilyn (em-uh-lynn). i'll probably stick with piper though i just love it so much.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #10
hcokasil
Registered Users
seller
seller

My husband isn't sold on her name...but one of our good friends just ordered a very expensive custom baby blanket for her with the name on it, so I say he's stuck with it! (he ok-ed the order)

sorry, i'm really bad at autocorrect and I don't like proof reading!