Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-16-2007, 05:09 AM   #1
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Red face Co-sleeping & Pregnancy

Just me planning ahead again lol

So, we co sleep, have since Gavin was born, I do not WANT to stop, but I think we need to think about working on that because once I become pregnant and start getting bigger it's going to get crowded lol not to mention we obviously want to co sleep with the future babe. So, I want to hear from all of you who no longer co sleep Gimme your tips & advice I still nurse Gavin though so it's going to be tough lol

Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 05-16-2007, 05:14 AM   #2
boysandchef
Banned

Re: Co-sleeping & Pregnancy

Well I have two... When I started getting bigger in pregnancy I pulled the crib up side cart so he could sleep in there.
He still sleeps in there and the baby sleeps between my husband and I.
It works great and everyone is happy.
Good luck
boysandchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:19 AM   #3
Amanda2319
Registered Users

My Mood:

My DS wasn't so quick to leave, and we felt bad giving him the boot to make room for the new one, so I put the baby in a cradle next to me for the first few weeks. Her night waking eventually annoyed DS. After he fell asleep, we would carry him to his bed. He's totally in his own bed now, he's sleeping a lot better.

Amanda2319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:22 AM   #4
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

thanks yeah I don't think Gavin will be eager to leave either lol
Old 05-16-2007, 07:48 AM   #5
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I didn't have any problem cosleeping with DJ while I was pregnant. My plan was to put the crib as a sidecar for the new baby when the time came but it turns out it was never an issue...James never wanted anything to do with cosleeping. If I fell asleep nursing him, he'd fidget and fuss until I finally put him in the bassinet. For the past month or so, he's been sleeping in the crib in his own room (actually it's "their" room...DJ just calls it the "diaper changing room") DJ's still with us. Seems strange and sometimes I feel a little guilty when I put James to bed (I lay him down awake, tell him night night and walk out...he rolls right over and goes to sleep...then I go spend 2 hours trying to get DJ to sleep!!) but it's what he wants. I still try every now and then to bring him into our bed when it makes sense but he wants nothing to do with it.

I guess what I'm saying is go with the flow and don't worry about it until you need to. Good luck!
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:07 AM   #6
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

Dom co-slept in our bed until after I delivered the twins. He moved out 'cause he didn't want to listen to the crying, LOL. He was 22 months when they were born.
I loved having that closeness with him. I miss it now, he's not nealy as cuddle-y or affectionate as he was when he was sleeping with me.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote