Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2013, 08:16 AM   #1
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
tracfone help

This is probably a stupid question but we've always used contract phones. I just ordered a phone with a year airtime and 800 mins through tacfone for dh's grandma from an ebay seller. How and when does a phone number get assigned to it? Its expected on Wed to go to dh's mom's house. I am fairly certain that either dh or I will need to go there and get it squared away. I doubt either his grandma or great grandma will be able to figure out what to do. Anything we should know? it just seems so weird to me to order a phone, service and set it up without actually speaking to someone- or will we be speaking to someone to get it activated? I assumed with the airtime and mins already that I would be activating it online and I am guessing that is when the number gets assigned?

Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 08:33 AM   #2
Rockinmama24
Registered Users

My Mood:
Yup, you go on to tracfone.com & punch in all the codes it asks for then it will tell you how to program the phone & assign the number. It's really easy.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #3
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: tracfone help

If for some reason you ever need a new # just call tracfone and they will send you out a new sim card in a matter of days.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:54 PM   #4
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: tracfone help

Thanks!