Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:37 AM   #1
Registered Users
Confused by website purchase

So I purchased a few things from an online retailer that I think might be a WAHM, but I am not sure. The day after I ordered I received an email from them stating that more than half of my order was out of stock and they wanted to know how I wanted to proceed.

The items I ordered were discontinued and this seller and one other were the only places I could find them. This seller had free shipping over $50 so I added things to exceed that amount. I wrote back and explained that I would like to proceed with the order under the condition that I would not have to pay for shipping because I would have to order the remaining items from the other site and I did not want to pay double shipping. If they could not do this for me, I would just cancel my order with them and order all my items from the other site.

I also asked if they could remove a $2 toy I purchased because that was only to bump the order up enough to receive the free shipping and no longer needed it under these circumstances. I felt I was justified in asking this since I was going to have to pay for shipping now, just to a different company. Also, if I had to order everything from the other site, I would not order that toy at all.

In the meantime, I went ahead and ordered the items they told me they didn't have from the other website, because I did not want to miss out on them. They shipped out the same day.

Then this morning I get a shipping confirmation from the original site stating that my package has shipped. They never wrote me back or refunded me any difference for the items they said they did not have in stock. I have no idea if they ended up shipping the whole order (which I doubt since the items were discontinued), whether they shipped all the remaining items, or if they shipped the items without the $2 toy I wanted removed.

They also sent me 2 click and ship notifications. One addressed to myself, and another addressed to some anonymous person in another part of the country. Weird.

I tried calling the company and got an answering machine, even though their website says 24 hr service. I am really not sure what to do at this point. Obviously, if it shows up and the full order is there then I can just live with that. But I would have spent an extra $35 at the other site that I did not need to spend, based entirely on what this seller told me.

However, I really don't think I am going to get all the items I ordered. I did pay with paypal so I will have some recourse. My question is, if she has shipping confirmation and it says delivered, how do I prove that I did not get all my items (assuming I don't) to paypal. This person could easily say they shipped everything and I could be out $35.

aflyingbuttress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Confused by website purchase

i think you'll just have to wait and see what you get unfortunately.

As for the two notifications, that's prob an accident. I've done that before and paypal wouldn't let me correctly enter the right one (it was super annoying)
FSOT-please browse here-
Dyed OBV blankets, loveys and fabric cuts in stock now @ hyena cart and "like" me on facebook hereThe Painted Pixie
tygr2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

Maybe take a video of you opening the package? Also see what weight is on the label.
Melissa Mommy to DS#1 11/13/07 and DS#2 9/3/10

Melissa Kittle's Knits for Littles~Hand Knit Items~MKsKnitsforLittles
mekjsk2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #4
My Mood:
You can give PayPal your correspondence with the store, should you need to file a claim. The store admits they don't have the discontinued items (and obviously didn't suddenly receive them), and the timestamp where you ask for a refund for those items and the $2 item prior to the package shipping out. You'll be fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

Last edited by Hillargh; 01-25-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #5
Registered Users

if you end up having to file i would forward the emails between you and the retailer stating that not all the items were available. I like the idea of taking a video of yourself opening the package to prove what is in it and what is not
Mom to boys
DS1 (07/10) DS2 (10/11) DS3 (03/13)
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:

I agree with the video message. Just wait and see.
Momof3ri is offline   Reply With Quote