Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
cantwaitfornumber2
Registered Users
seller

Toothpaste!

Sooo we're trying to find a new toothpaste! One we all will like, we're not big fans of the "licorish" aftertaste so would prefer something minty/sweet! Obv. Something Floride free and in a tube!

Tia!!!

Advertisement

cantwaitfornumber2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #2
BigSamsMom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Toothpaste!

Alot of people use Dr. Bronners Mint Castille soap in lieu of toothpaste. I tried it when I had a bottle on hand, and BOY! did my mouth and teeth feel clean! It's totally different experience from using toothpaste though, might take some convincing for the kiddos and DH. You have to get over the soapy taste of it, but it is minty!
BigSamsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #3
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

Burt's Bees is great, but can be hard to find because it is newer. It is fluoride free, tastes decent and has a mineral combination in it that is supposedly great for strengthening enamel. It also contains cranberry extract which supposedly keeps bacteria from sticking to your teeth, sort of the same idea as drinking cranberry juice for a UTI I guess. I've noticed a truly significant decrease in tooth sensitivity (and so has DH!) in just a few short weeks of using it.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #4
KingsDaughter76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Spry!! We all love it and it contains xylitol which is known to help prevent cavities. :-) I get ours from vitacost.com
Kellina ~Wife to a Cowboy & Christian Homeschooling Mama to 9 kids and YES we would love to have more! Expecting baby #10!! EDD January 2017!
Forever missing my 7 m/c babies now safe in the arms of Jesus EARN Amazon giftcards for FREE!! Click to sign up for SWAGBUCKS!!
KingsDaughter76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:43 AM   #5
allisonmartin
Registered Users
seller
seller

We use tom's flouride free toothpaste, you can get it at walmart.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #6
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Jason, Natures Gate, Burt's Bees, Toms, Kiss My Face. There are a lot of options out there that are minty and fluoride free.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #7
vjbakke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We LOVE Earthpaste. It is a clay based toothpaste, they just added a lemon flavor. It is the best toothpaste I have ever used. It has removed build up on my teeth that I thought only a dentist could take care of. It also has no foaming agents and not glycerin. Most toothpaste has glycerin in them, that coats your teeth and does not let your teeth mineralize properly. Many online stores carry it like swanson vitamins and iherb.com
vjbakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:11 PM   #8
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Oh, should mention Ecodent, which I really like, but no one else uses it. It is a powder, not a paste.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #9
littlesaurusrae
Registered Users

Etsy! It has so many different flavors and compositions. I'm waiting on a clay based toothpaste
littlesaurusrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:07 PM   #10
kellfran
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbakke View Post
We LOVE Earthpaste. It is a clay based toothpaste, they just added a lemon flavor. It is the best toothpaste I have ever used. It has removed build up on my teeth that I thought only a dentist could take care of. It also has no foaming agents and not glycerin. Most toothpaste has glycerin in them, that coats your teeth and does not let your teeth mineralize properly. Many online stores carry it like swanson vitamins and iherb.com
Been wanting to try Earthpaste but Azure has been out of it the past two months!! We like Eco Dent here. Its powder, but it lasts a long time.
kellfran is offline   Reply With Quote