Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2013, 07:43 PM   #1
Phaedramekko
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am having a baby girl!

It looks like my SO will be outnumbered by team pink, lol. He is 1 of 3 boys so we were surprised to find out we were having another girl. I think I knew all along. Just like my last pregnancy I found myself more drawn to girly things. We were to everything looked fine and they have her weight at 13oz. I am 20 weeks along so she is a good size She was more cooperative than dd1, we had to get a 3D ultrasound with dd1. They could not get a good look at her heart. My SO is bummed we are not having a boy, he does not want more than 2 kids.

Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: I am having a baby girl!

Congrats! Let the girl drama begin
Old 01-26-2013, 02:01 PM   #3
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

congrats!
Old 01-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #4
nettepoet
Registered Users
seller

congratulations!!

well, on the bright side, im sure his parents, grandma and grandpa, will be excited about the girls they never had. my FIL is over the moon with the girls because he only had 2 boys.

and you never know about the # of kiddos. we swore we were only having 2 and we even had a girl and a boy (thus no gender pressure of any kind) and then, voila! my son will be 6, my daughter will be 14(!!) and ill have a newborn.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:11 PM   #5
Phaedramekko
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know his mother will be happy. She was very happy when she found out we were having a girl the 1st time. I am unsure if I want more than 2. I want to go back to school so I definitely want to take a break before I have more. I want to finish school and get myself situated in a job before I have more kids. My SO also wants to go back to school so maybe it is something we will consider in the future.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #6
nettepoet
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedramekko View Post
I know his mother will be happy. She was very happy when she found out we were having a girl the 1st time. I am unsure if I want more than 2. I want to go back to school so I definitely want to take a break before I have more. I want to finish school and get myself situated in a job before I have more kids. My SO also wants to go back to school so maybe it is something we will consider in the future.
i can relate. the 8 yr gap between my first two kiddos is partly bc i was young and just starting college when i had my first. its tough to juggle a kiddo and school, but my professors were understanding and i had a nice support group of other young mamas doing the same thing (some of whom even did grad school--i wasnt that hardcore!). if you are serious about going back to school id suggest that you try to find others who are facing the same thing, it helps a lot!!

the gap between kids has advantages, even though i complain about starting all over again--i think each time i appreciated something different bc i was at a different life stage.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:29 PM   #7
Phaedramekko
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am not a young mama, I am 29 :/ . I became emancipated at 17 and just worked to survive. I went to school for a bit but I dropped out. I did not like my major and I did not want to waste my money. I honestly have have so much trouble decdiedng what I want to major in. There are so many things I want to do! I am leaning towards veterinary technician since I worked 3 years at an animal shelter before getting laid off. My SO, he is younger at the age of 24, is also unsure of what he wants to do. It would be nice to look into meeting some mamas that are also going to school while having kids. That is a good suggestion, thanks!
Old 02-05-2013, 05:39 PM   #8
JaylasMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
I am in school right now. After this semester, I have 3 required courses left! It hasn't always been easy, but it has been so worth it so far.
JaylasMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #9
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Congrats!
Old 02-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #10
Ms-gurl
Registered Users