Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2013, 12:20 AM   #21
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you left spacing up to god (or chance)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeneely View Post
It has nothing to do with God and everything to do with either planning it or doing 'it' without knowing you were ovulating or using protection.
I have NO idea how people have pleasant surprises - your discharge is clear and stretchy when you are ovulating. It is for everyone and you can feel it when you wipe so even if you weren't looking for signs, you would clearly notice.
This isn't always true. Lots of people have tons of EWCM when they are exclusively nursing a young baby. It doesn't necessarily mean they are fertile.

We never planned to leave our child spacing up to God, but he took over. We struggled to conceive our DS and DD. We wanted more after DD was born, but we planned to wait a few years. Given our history, we didn't think we had to bother with any type of avoiding, at least not right away. I was nursing DD exclusively AND pumping and extra 20oz a day to donate. I got pregnant when she was 3 months old. I'm currently about 6 weeks into that pregnancy. Everyone is downright shocked - my midwives, my LC, our family doc, my doula, us, etc. We are having Irish twins, despite our history of struggling and the fact that I'm producing nearly enough milk to exclusively feed twins.

In hindsight, I should have known better but how could I have ever predicted this? I am very educated on ovulation signs. I've been tracking my cycles (FAM method) since 2008. My cycles came back really early with my DS. It was like 7 weeks postpartum. My midwife insisted that it must be delayed postpartum bleeding. She said there was no way that I got my cycle back so soon. I wasn't sure, but I wanted to believe her. I second guessed myself this time around. I was pretty sure I ovulated at the very end of November. I was between 8 & 9 weeks postpartum. Sure enough, my first postpartum period started just a few days later on December 4th. Still, there was a slight doubt in my mind. Maybe it was just the delayed postpartum bleeding that my midwife suggested that I had experienced the first time around. At any rate, I know how the body works. My luteal phase hadn't been even close to long enough to sustain a pregnancy even if one of DH's sperm had caught my potential egg. I wasn't worried. It takes us months of perfect timing to make babies!

At the end of December, I kind of suspected I was ovulating again. DH asked me if he should pull out. I laughed and told him not to waste his time. I got my BFP on Jan 9th. Sometimes it's just meant to be.

Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 12:27 AM   #22
ambivalent_amy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DS1 & DS2 are three years apart (almost exactly to the day). DS2 & DD will be two years apart (again almost exactly to the day).
Old 01-27-2013, 01:03 PM   #23
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Our plan was to have about 2 years between my son and the next one. This would have worked out perfectly since my son was born June 14, 2011 and I got pregnant in October, to be due in July 2013. Our plans were put to a halt however, when I m/c this baby, I was 12 weeks, baby died around 8 weeks. So now, God has taken over and we will (hopefully) be blessed with a baby in His time. So, sometimes you can plan and try, and sometimes that just doesn't work and you have to accept what you are given.

Oh and to the person that said you can always notice when you are ovulating, I totally disagree. Some women don't have noticable amounts of CM, sometimes you have seemingly fertile CM at random times and may not be O'ing and sometimes you have too much on the mind or on the go to notice. Pleasant surprises are most definitely possible.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:31 PM   #24
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeneely
It has nothing to do with God and everything to do with either planning it or doing 'it' without knowing you were ovulating or using protection.
I have NO idea how people have pleasant surprises - your discharge is clear and stretchy when you are ovulating. It is for everyone and you can feel it when you wipe so even if you weren't looking for signs, you would clearly notice.
I have to disagree. Every woman's fertility signals are different. I don't have any cm leading up to ovulation. I will be normal one day and the next, bam, lots of cm and I drop an egg. That's how I conceived my DS. We had just had a miscarriage and we were planning to wait a month or two before ttc again. We went away for a weekend and I had no signs of ovulating post miscarriage (I hadn't gotten af back yet) and we dtd the first night. The next day I had tons of cm and then it was pretty much gone the next day. We used protection the rest of the weekend, but I caught it that first night with no signs it was coming. I started having symptoms 10 days later and my first test was a bfp. My ultrasound dated back to that day I ovulated. Since we were already planning for a baby, it was a good surprise, but still unexpected. Not everyone has clear signs of fertility.

My iDevices are out to get me. Please excuse mistakes.

buildingmyhealth.my90forlife.com/
momEmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #25
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeneely View Post
Ummm... Yeah, not so much My children are less than 12 months apart and I never have EWCM nor had I fully resumed my cycles. And considering it took us 4 years and 2 losses before my DD was born, it was a VERY pleasant surprise
Old 01-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #26
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I get my period back right away and all of ours are between 17 and 2 1/2 yrs apart with 3 losses mixed in. We believe God is the author and creator of life. I'm actually in 2ww with 2 days left till I test and for 1. and 2. No more losses
Old 02-03-2013, 03:17 AM   #27
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

All of ours have been left up to His timing.

18 months
22 months
24 months

Don't watch for fertility signs -- just wing it!

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!

Last edited by kannondicarpo; 02-03-2013 at 03:19 AM.
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:45 AM   #28
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Dh felt led to not prevent or space pregnancies for 4 years... SO we had 4 in 4 years and 2 miscarriages. Through seeking God's will for our lives, He now feels we are to stop having babies. We use condoms and we haven't been pregnant in a year... the longest span EVER in our marriage! In seeking God and listening for His voice and direction for spacing/#of children, we are leaving our childbearing upto Him.

Spacing went:

14 mos.

19 mos. with 2 miscarriages in between, thus the longer spacing between 2 and 3

17 ms.

Last edited by raisingcropsandbabies; 02-03-2013 at 04:50 AM.
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #29
COgle3
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeneely
I think maybe you could have sat this discussion out. Just sayin

Sew Love For Love
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewloveforlove
COgle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #30
mommamitchell
Registered Users

My Mood:

#1 and #2 are 23 months apart. They were due 2 years ad 1 day apart but #2 came early. #2 and #3 are 29 months apart but would have been closer to 31 months is #3 had not come early.

All our ours were "planned" but we believe only by God's grace were we able to concieve them. We have only used birth control once andthat was after #2 son was born and only for 10 months. Other then that in our 8 year marriage we have not used any form of BC.

Last edited by mommamitchell; 02-04-2013 at 09:21 AM.
mommamitchell is offline   Reply With Quote