Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2013, 07:51 AM   #1
DealSeekingMomma
Registered Users

My Mood:
Balance Bike, was $100, now $50 at Walmart!

I just learned about these balance bikes and been thinking about getting one for my son. This one is wooden with flames on the side. I got an email notification for this via my wishlist at www.stealengine.com.

Direct link to deal: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Smart-Gear...ype=10&veh=aff

Advertisement

DealSeekingMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:04 PM   #2
luvinmybaby!
Registered Users
seller

Re: Balance Bike, was $100, now $50 at Walmart!

I got a metal one when I lived in Germany. They are great! First I taught my daughter to pedal on a tricycle. Then taught her how to balance on a "laufrad" (balance bike). She was riding a 2 wheel bicycle when she was 2 years 10 months easily...never had training wheels. Training wheels don't teach your child how to ride a bike, they're just glorified tricycles.

Anyway...tip for saving money though...if your child is tall enough to reach the ground while sitting at the lowest height on a 12" bicycle, just take the pedals off...and you have a balance bike...then just put them back on when he/she is balancing well and comfortable. Mine was too short for this when she started riding, but I gave this tip to my neighbor and their older daughter was riding regular within 2 weeks.
luvinmybaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #3
luvinmybaby!
Registered Users
seller

Re: Balance Bike, was $100, now $50 at Walmart!

Forgot to mention, the balance bikes come in different sizes, so make sure you get the right size for your child. I didn't know this when I ordered my first one and it was too tall for my DD, so I had to sell it and get another one that was shorter.
luvinmybaby! is offline   Reply With Quote