Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #21
allisonmartin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: When is your first appointment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisathib123 View Post
I'm never in a rush. I'll wait until I'm 12 or so weeks.
This is me to. I always get seen between 12-14 weeks, which is fine with me. The less appointments I have to go to the better. It might be a little different this time though being that I have no LMP to go off of. I was going to call today, but DH didn't want me to call yet so I'll wait another few days to a week or so before I call. I'm hoping I can skip the vaginal ultrasound to date pregnancy to, cause I really don't want one. They can date other ways to right?? Like uterus measurements and such. Also how far along do you need to be to get an ultrasound non vaginal?? I've only had them at 20 weeks or later with my first 2.

Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #22
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarawithouth View Post
May want to check out the location forums. I had an hb last time and I can't wait to do it again!

I was going to wait until 12 weeks, but prenatal care seems so important in the first trimester. I have pretty awesome nutrition, so no worried there, but if I'm paying a global fee to my midwife, I might as well go in early! I see her this Thursday - ill be 5.3w
I have heard this a lot but I've never seen it to be true IRL. What is it that you think is important at this stage? I do agree about the midwife since you'll pay the same either way, but even then I'd rather not have any unnecessary appointments. If I was just a touch braver I'd have a UC.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #23
youngmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am not worried about delaying an appointment, i have been on my prenatals since I got pregnant with my 2nd, so no worries there. My rx doesn't expire until this summer, so I am still able to get my monthly refills without going in.
We love cloth diapers , but I am a non-crunchy mommy.#3 due in Oct
youngmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #24
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My ob likes to see you between 8-10 weeks just to check the hb etc. I like going early because then I don't really have to worry about it too much anymore. The chance of having a miscarriage after hearing the hb at 8 weeks the chance of miscarriage goes to 1 in 200 or something like that.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #25
bigmamahayes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisathib123 View Post
I'm never in a rush. I'll wait until I'm 12 or so weeks.
I am the same. I have actually never been seen until about that point, just by circumstance. I have never seen only a bean on the U/S...and thankfully never had to have a 'wand' u/s because I was too far along for it at my first appointments. Haha.

I just got my BFP today, so I am only 4 weeks. I will likely go in sometime next month for labs...then make an appointment for 12 weeks. April sometime.

I honestly prefer to be seen only every other month throughout pregnancy, because getting a sitter for 3 kids so that I can wait an hour to be seen, so that they can measure my fundus and tell me how much weight I've gained is just not worth it. I have a scale at the gym and a measuring tape at home.

I have been very fortunate to have had low risk pregnancies, and I hope this one follows suit!
Amy Kay, Air Force vet, Navy wife to Bradrick, mommy to Jocelyn (3/08), Samuel (10/09) and Carolyn (10/11), expecting #4 in October, Jesus loving, cloth diapering, breastfeeding, extended rear facing, epidural loving, bargain hunting, marathon running, full time online student and dancing drama queen. http://www.happyteamhayes.blogspot.com
bigmamahayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:16 AM   #26
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten

I have heard this a lot but I've never seen it to be true IRL. What is it that you think is important at this stage? I do agree about the midwife since you'll pay the same either way, but even then I'd rather not have any unnecessary appointments. If I was just a touch braver I'd have a UC.
Oh girl I feel you. My midwife and I are pretty close, so I'm excited to see her. Part of why I won't UC is because I want her at my birth.

It's true across a large random sample, probably more true for people of lower socio-economic status. I would think mostly to do with nutrition and prenatals, really. It probably makes the baby more tangible for people.

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #27
youngmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

they had an opening march 8th....so I think i'll be 7 weeks. Shocked. Just shocked I am going in that early. But we're global too....so might as well get a sneak peek at my bean <3
We love cloth diapers , but I am a non-crunchy mommy.#3 due in Oct
youngmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #28
Amock777
Registered Users
seller

My first appointment is march 20th I will be a little over 9 weeks
Old 02-19-2013, 07:30 AM   #29
newMama9.08
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first appointment was yesterday at 7 weeks 6 days, and I'm going back in 2 weeks (3/6) to see how much the baby's grown as I was 5 days 'behind' based on when I think I ovulated.
newMama9.08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #30
allisonmartin
Registered Users
seller
seller

I got my first appointment set up today for April 9th. I'm going in next week to do some labs though, since I didn't want to do the vaginal ultrasound to date the pregnancy.