Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #11
KBailey87
Registered Users
seller

Re: How much have you spent on cloth diapers?

Too much! I find a diaper I want to buy almost every single day! Haha. I try to refrain from actually buying them all though.

Advertisement

KBailey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #12
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I don't know for sure but less than it would new to do suspects. Bought 13 for 130 total with shipping, 20 for 12 I think, 5 for 25, 7 for I can't remember & 9 for I can't remember, 1 for 7.00 total & 1 I think for 8 & sold 20 for 11 each but after fees I think only got like 100..... so lots less as we were doing changes all the time even in disposables.... 10 for the wet bags (4ffs)......
Old 01-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #13
ServingHim
Registered Users
seller

I dont know and dont really want to know!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DS Forum
Old 01-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #14
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I figured out we would to date have spent between $1650-$1900 on sposies. I don't seem to find any diaper coupons so would have been paying full price for them. When sposies diapering 13 years ago we spent around $50-$60 a month on diapers. Prices have only gone up in the last 13 years. He is currently 19 months old and nowhere near potty training. So though we haven't saved a lot we have still saved. Since we are more then set to potty training we wil continue to save. Even if we only recoup 1/4 of what we spent we still save a good amount.

Last edited by qsefthuko; 01-26-2013 at 04:07 PM.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #15
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Spent 900 and sold about 200( broke even on
what I sold since if was all stuff I hardly used)
Old 01-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #16
babycat42
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have spent around $1000 but I have made about $700 selling diapers and I still have a few hundred diapers to sell and I will still have more than a working stash.
babycat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #17
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=ServingHim;16209874]I dont know and dont really want to know!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DS Forum[/QUOTE
Ditto that.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #18
loving my family
Registered Users

I have spent right around $1,000. but that is for 3 kids so far, 1 has been potty trained for a few yrs and now I am down to only 1 in diapers full time and night time + naps for the other kiddo
I don't think that is bad considering that is everything even the items I had to replace that have just plain worn out. We use prefolds + flats and pul covers mainly, only a few pockets.
loving my family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #19
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh gosh, I wouldn't know. I haven't bought anything since last summer though.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #20
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Sunflower~*~ View Post
There is absolutely no way for me to know. When I first started out - 22 years ago - it was chump change. With the next baby it grew a little. The next child was all prefolds & aristocrats, still pretty minimal. THEN, I found the internet & diaper forums. And 10 years agoI had my 4th child. And she had El Bees & Swaddlebees & Fuzbaby & BizzyB's and on & on. (I know there are many of you who have NO CLUE what some of these diapers are! LOL), the next baby I didn't go quite as crazy, but still spent a load. My 6th baby didn't have fancy diapers, but had some sweet wool. And now I am spending crazy amounts on diapers again.

The other day I tried to tell my dh straight faced that I cloth diapered to save $. I am not good at "lying" in general, so my straight face had him seriously confused. he was all - no... you do it to keep chemicals off of the babies. right. no?!? How are you saving money?!? really???!!!

LOL. I actually convinced him I had saved us $! LOL!

(and for the record - I feel really,really stupid for the amount I have spent on diapers & wool. Its stupid & I was falling into it again. I'm selling all but my basic diapers & stopping myself from going insane on wool. It truly is $ down the drain. Even if you have $ to burn, what is the point? People go hungry in our world while I waste $ on fancy poop catchers! sigh....)
This is very much like me. I figure I probably saved with my 1st and 2nd who are almost 9 and almost 7. My 3rd I probably spent about the same maybe a little more than high end disposables because we got into Goodmamas and a major wool obsession, but was able to recoup most that money because stuff sold really well back then. #4 (now PLed) had a stash that paid for itself after selling everything except about $300 from birth to potty, but that was mostly flats, prefolds and Flips with a few BGEs. I went overboard trying to solve #5's skin problems in cloth and have wasted probably around 400 out of pocket (not including gifted items) yet he has spent at least 6 months mostly in disposables because of his eczema. He is 17mo so we probably broke even compared to disposables after washing costs for his first year when we actually CDed full time. My numbers are AFTER selling so total purchases for 5 kids before that I don't want to think of.

I totally agree about the last part! It really is such a strange addiction and honestly I don't know much I feel comfortable hanging out here these days when it seems throwing away money on huge big stashes is pretty much considered normal. I remember people buying nice fluff back in the day but I don't remember such a strong trend towards most people having excessive stashes. I think the group dynamic has really sucked a lot of mamas in that really truly need to be saving money not collecting. JMHO.

Last edited by FernHollow; 01-26-2013 at 04:46 PM.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote