Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #61
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I started cding almost 12 years ago. I think I've averaged about $300 per child.. so $2100 spent.. and tons saved!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DS Forum

Advertisement

thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:06 AM   #62
craigwick
Registered Users
seller

Re: How much have you spent on cloth diapers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirst View Post
Where I live, there are not the great couponing opportunities like in the US (where apparently you can double up coupons etc.) so the cheapest I have ever found disposables for is $0.20 each, on store sale and with manufacture's coupon.
Yes, that is how I priced it out to see how much disposables would have cost...ended up being around $4300 for 2 kids x 3 years (I Cd'ed DD2 for 3 years, expect to Cd the baby for 2.5/3 years as well). I was figuring in some supplies like liners/doublers/wetbags, not wipes as I use DH's old t shirts, and not laundry detergent!
Old 01-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #63
august6
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post

no newborn?
No, not yet. My husband was over 9 lbs, so I highly doubt that I'll be having a 6 lb baby.
The diapers I bought were OS with some M&L, so I feel like we're only going to need maybe 10 more plus inserts to be good. Though, I've never CD so I really don't know averages.
august6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #64
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencrunchymama View Post
You might win the prize for the most spent!

What do you think you spent the most on?
Psh, who knows! Haha! I went through the goodmama thing, I know that cost me quite a bit. And wool, for sure. Other than that I've just tried nearly everything, especially fitteds. It would literally be easier to name all the fitteds I HAVEN'T tried over the ones I have.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #65
Lady_B
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
All together with what was site bought and made prob about $600 that is also with selling others before buying more ( that mean hubs of me nd his communist rules! Lol)
Owner and designer of Butterfly Elephants, waldorf style dolls
Lady_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #66
Mom2ManyBlessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have restashed many times. I bought a "new" stash 3 times including the very first basic one. I would guess after selling and buying with money funded from that about $1500 or so, including accessories. That put 4 kids though diapers from that bith and 2 I starte when they were toddlers. Soon it will be 7 who used the dipers all together. I think Ill probably spend another $200ish on DD's OS stash, and a few of my accessories are wearing out (like pails and wet bags) but all in all I doubt itll be more then $2000 when Im done. And I will sell all diapers as they are outgrown as this is our last. Not too bad.

Kristen - Helpmeet to an amazing DH. Mama to seven blessings (and #8 on the way!)
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:16 PM   #67
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by august6 View Post
No, not yet. My husband was over 9 lbs, so I highly doubt that I'll be having a 6 lb baby.
The diapers I bought were OS with some M&L, so I feel like we're only going to need maybe 10 more plus inserts to be good. Though, I've never CD so I really don't know averages.
just as an fyi, something I didn't know when I had my son (I was a newbie without anyone to asked about cloth) is that in general newborns need newborn diaps. My son was 8.5lbs (never lost an oz) and he only fit in newborn diapers for a few weeks. Any small or OS that said it started at 6 or 7 or 8 lbs -- none of them fit. He grew into them quickly though (sorry don't know exactly when). Because of this I had a pretty small selection of diapers that worked day 1 and had to do a lot of scrambling.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #68
mbusd03
Registered Users

I think we've spent somewhere around $400. I haven't updated my spreadsheet lately so I'm not totally sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernHollow View Post
I totally agree about the last part! It really is such a strange addiction and honestly I don't know much I feel comfortable hanging out here these days when it seems throwing away money on huge big stashes is pretty much considered normal. I remember people buying nice fluff back in the day but I don't remember such a strong trend towards most people having excessive stashes. I think the group dynamic has really sucked a lot of mamas in that really truly need to be saving money not collecting. JMHO.
I definitely think it's an addiction for some people. I don't understand paying more than new retail for a used hard to find item, or having over 100 diapers for only one child I do like to admire everyone's stash though, big or small
mbusd03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #69
firstbaby2011
Registered Users

I started cloth diapering my daughter at 5 months.

Here's an estimate of what I spent:

6 Used DreamEze AIO's: $30
18 Osocozy Flats: $30 (bought w/AGC's)
Jillian's Cloth Diaper Trial: $10
Snappis and Pins: $5
4 Flip Covers: $60 (Bought with AGC's)
3 BSWW FFS Covers: $5
10 Flour Sack Towels: $10
Various Doublers: $5
Disana soaker: $25
Upcycled wool Soaker: free
Total: $180
Total out of pocket: $90

I supplement her stash with flannel receiving blankets and this has worked for us and she is almost 2 and starting to potty train. I will definitely be buying some newbie things if we have another, but I don't plan to spend a whole lot. I will try to get as much as I can from a registry and Amazon GC's.
firstbaby2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #70
AylaKay
Registered Users
seller

I'm not sure... A few hundred at least. We have two bumGenius, one GroVia, about 5 Kawaiis, and a dozen prefolds and about 2 dozen flats. Or we will have that many flats as of tomorrow, I have a dozen Osocozy flats that are supposed to be delivered in the afternoon. The prefolds are Econobum, Dandelion, and some 2 dollar prefolds from the local baby store. I'm not sure what brand those are but they work great. I ordered a Blueberry diaper off of Amazom today. I'd never heard of them before but all the reviews were good so we're gonna try it, Imwe also have about 6 covers- thirsties (my favorite!), rumparooz, bummies, and Bumkins- I don't like the Bumkins covers much at all though.

I think I've spent more than I initially thought lol.
AylaKay is offline   Reply With Quote