Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
blackberry75
Registered Users

I need a swift kick in the pants

Right now I'm in an anxiety/depression spiral. To deal with it I've been trying to downsize our "stuff", get rid of clutter, etc. It helps me feel less oppressed.

Anywhos, I've got two, very large, bags of baby girl cloths I need to get rid of. They are taking up space on my couch. One has a home with a friend of mine who's baby girl could really use them. The other is destined for good will. All that is required is to get off my duff and drop them off. However, every time I even think about loading them into the car, I choke. Literally, I tear up and am practically paralyzed with fear, foreboding, over whelming sadness, rage, just a whole range of irrational emotions-over clothes. I'm not even attached to them, it makes no (explitive) sense. The outfits that had any meaning to me are in Bean's keepsake box. None of the other clothes I've gotten rid of have caused this much trouble.

If I keep putting this off, my friend's baby will out grow them. My friend can't pick them up because she doesn't drive. Please give me the suck it up, grow a pair speach I need to get this shiz done.

Advertisement

blackberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #2
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
My Mood:
Re: I need a swift kick in the pants

Take them to once upon a child. They won't take any of them, or only a few and only give you pennies for them. That will PYO so bad that you will willingly give them away to someone who will appreciate them!

The other option is to hold them in your lap and rock them while you reminisce about how cute your baby was in them and mourn how fast your LO is growing and never mind the friends baby. If she really wanted them she would find a way to get them .
rumblepurr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:57 AM   #3
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I would get like that, I would have someone else take things for me. Do you have anyone that will do that? If not, you could at least offer up the donate bag on freecycle or CL for a very low fee. I've done that before also, because if I list it in the FREE section of CL I get slammed with responses, but if I list it in the kids clothes section with $5 in the subject line, but say the first person to come get it on the curb in the 1000 block of X street can have it for free and I don't have to deal with responses or strangers.

For me, when I am like that once the stuff is out, the anxiety goes away. It's just getting the help to get it out the door.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:06 AM   #4
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

Kicking you in the pants, mama. You can do this. You are strong.
leadmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:29 AM   #5
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
Start with dropping off the goodwill bag. You can do this mama!
Old 02-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #6
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

*kick* you can do this! Stuff is not love, free yourself of this burden
Old 02-07-2013, 10:56 AM   #7
MamaJules
Registered Users
seller

Do you ever see your friend's baby? If you do, then maybe seeing another baby wearing those clothes that your baby once wore will make it easier for you.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:08 PM   #8
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
You are not giving away your baby or your memories! They are only clothes, and they will help another mama take care of the baby she loves. They're doing no good sitting on your couch, let them go and help someone else!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 02-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #9
blackberry75
Registered Users

Ok ladies, thank you. Y'all where a big help.

I got the bag to my friend (my borther took it for me). The donate bag however, did not go to Goodwill. A friend of mine had her baby, a girl. So the donate bag went to her because it had all the itty bitty sizes. I was also able to give her Bean's bassinet, travel swing, and bouncy seat. She'll also get both bathers. The one that you put in the sink for newborns and the one that hooks to the side of the tub for when the bebe can sit up. I just didn't have room in my car between all the stuff and my kids.
blackberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #10
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackberry75 View Post
Ok ladies, thank you. Y'all where a big help.

I got the bag to my friend (my borther took it for me). The donate bag however, did not go to Goodwill. A friend of mine had her baby, a girl. So the donate bag went to her because it had all the itty bitty sizes. I was also able to give her Bean's bassinet, travel swing, and bouncy seat. She'll also get both bathers. The one that you put in the sink for newborns and the one that hooks to the side of the tub for when the bebe can sit up. I just didn't have room in my car between all the stuff and my kids.
Good Job!

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote